Metal-plastic PVC windows provide not only a microclimate in an apartment or house, but also an attractive appearance. To mount them, you should contact professionals. But is it allowed to regulate them by hand? There is such a possibility. Having removed wooden structures from window openings, it is worth periodically paying attention to PVC windows and knowing their functions. This way they will last longer.
Plastic products are chosen for the following positive qualities:
- noise isolation;
- ease of use;
- weather protection;
- long service life.
That's why they became so popular. Manufacturers create them every year in a new color scheme, which expands the range for each customer.
What do you need to set up?
Adjusting PVC windows is not a very complicated process. There are some working moments that are possiblefix a person with no experience:
- When closing, the transom comes into contact with the frame from the side, and sometimes from below.
- Loose contact with frame.
- The locking device failed.
- Handle lock in frame closed position.
- The knob does not turn or is loose.
- Wear gaskets.
Such problems are easy to fix yourself. The main reason is the fittings. You need to prepare such tools for adjusting PVC windows:
- Hexagon (depending on size).
- Phillips screwdriver.
- Keys in full set.
- Hardware lubricant.
Such a small set of tools will allow for a complete repair of PVC windows. In this case, it is worth understanding the principle of operation of the whole structure. Adjustment of PVC windows independently is available in three modes:
- top loop;
- locking pin;
- bottom loop.
It happens that some kind of tool is required on an individual basis. So before starting work, it is worth evaluating the whole process and collecting the necessary things nearby.
What should not be forgotten?
Now it is clear that for a snug fit of the entire structure, it is necessary to adjust in three directions. But this may not always be easy. Some elements are regulated strictly according to the instructions, otherwise nothing will work.
If you have no experience with such modern windows, do not worry.Experts willingly share useful information and give advice on adjustment. Do not break the elementary rules, and then the whole structure will last a long time. Basic cleaning and washing during use are considered the main criteria for extending the service life.
PVC customization methods
Modern plastic windows have their own characteristics in operation. Few people know about the small nuances. In order to have the maximum pressing of the seal around the entire perimeter, it is worth adjusting the PVC windows. This is done in several ways. In order not to confuse anything, instructions are used, and it is also performed:
- working with fittings correction;
- setting transom.
It turns out that such a process has its own characteristics. Do not rush, as there is a chance of making a mistake. The installers always give helpful advice to anyone who has new designs installed. There are several setting modes. Everyone needs to know about them.
There is a certain mode of PVC windows. Most often, these are two options - winter and summer. It all depends on the installed window fittings. It is clear that it can be varied, depending on the quality and manufacturer. Do not trust dubious suppliers, because windows are the protection of any room, and they are installed for more than one year. PVC window fittings can be:
Costaffects the selected components. If this is a budget option, then the functionality of the fittings is limited. Most often, Russian companies work with such components and this is used in new buildings. As a result, the functionality is limited: the transom is only able to open and close, and it will not work to transfer it to other modes. There is little convenience in this, not everyone is ready to have such designs in their apartment.
This is the most demanded and widespread material on the market. Manufacturers are different - from domestic to foreign. The quality is decent, it is used in any houses and apartments. The functionality is voluminous - you can transfer from summer mode to winter. This is convenient, which is why the design receives a high level of distribution.
It has special functions. It is selected taking into account the creation of certain conditions. For example, its characteristics are:
- burglar protection;
- translation in different seasons;
- high quality material used.
Often found not only on windows, but also on doors. If a person does not have experience in choosing such structures, then how to understand that PVC window adjustment is acceptable? According to the masters, it is worth carefully inspecting the structure for the presence of:
- Additional eccentrics. They are found on the side of the sash itself.
- The shape of the eccentrics - oval or other.
- Screwdriver hole to change position depending onweather conditions.
When do I need to change the window to summer or winter mode? If the temperature outside drops to +4 degrees, it is considered that cold air begins to flow through the window. It's time to insulate the transom and transfer it to the "winter" mode. As soon as the heat indicators increase, the time of summer standing comes.
Don't forget the simple nuances. When the PVC windows are adjusted for the winter, the seal takes a certain position, because of this it wears out quickly. To prevent wear and tear, the window should not be opened during this period. Some do not change their position to winter, although there are any accessories for PVC windows on sale, including seals (they are easy to change). There is no need to call a specialist, because the task is easy to do.
Some people think that it is not worth doing such operations on your own. But, understanding the elementary rules, you can still easily and easily set up PVC windows.
The first thing you need to understand is the location of the trunnions. When the window is large, there are a lot of them, and you will have to work with everyone to put the entire frame into the right mode depending on the time of year. If you carefully examine the eccentric, you will notice the presence of a mark indicating the time of year. The presence of a neutral position indicates that the structure is not in winter mode. Here's how to properly adjust PVC windows for the winter:
- Take a hexagon, screwdriver and pliers. After the design is transferred to wintermode. In this position, the sashes are pulled to the right. Each piece rotates to its maximum position. As a result, the long closing radius of the window is fixed towards the room, and the notch looks outward. This will be done easily when every detail is found. You should not immediately twist - you need to carefully review and understand your actions.
- As soon as summer has come, you will have to change the regime. The trunnions turn a small radius towards the room (up to the mark on the regulator). There is a micro-ventilation effect. But not everyone changes position depending on the season, because even in winter the apartment needs a flow of fresh air.
- Special PVC windows may also be found. Adjustment "winter-summer" occurs in a different way. With this scheme, the eccentric first rises. And after setting the position, it comes to its original state.
How to understand that everything is done correctly? The answer is simple: when determining the position, you should pay attention to how the window behaves. The fittings, that is, the handle, must turn tightly when the winter mode is set (because the sash itself is tightly fixed). What else comes to the rescue? A simple piece of paper, according to the masters, will help to cope with the test. The sheet is fixed in the transom, after which you need to try to pull it out. If this is difficult to do, it means that you have a winter mode set. In summer it is easier to do this.
What is being done with the retainers?
Often people face the problem of weakening windowloops. What to do in such a situation? Is it possible to do without a master? It is important to understand why this is happening:
- Additional physical impact on the hinges. Sometimes this happens when the house shrinks. In this case, the load on the entire structure increases.
- Invalid installation. In this case, the frame is in an offset position. Therefore, you should trust such work to professionals.
- Negligent attitude to the entire structure during operation. With a significant load, the transom sags.
- Natural wear and tear. This happens if the plastic window has been in operation for more than a decade.
These reasons happen often, but you can really protect yourself from some if you choose the right manufacturer.
Adjusting the top buttonhole
If there is a loose fit or the sash opens incorrectly, you need to open the window and press it in the area of the upper hinge. Adjustment of PVC windows occurs in various ways. Sometimes the user notices the presence of blowing in the area of \u200b\u200bthe loops. This occurs if violations were made during the installation process. Restoring such a problem is difficult. You will have to remove the glazing bead and lay a gasket in the area where the glass joins the profile. You can then return the window to its original state. You will need a chisel. She leans against the junction and, under slight pressure, the connection is made.
The leveling plate acts as a gasket. But where can I get it? It can be done independently from a simple wooden ruler. When installingthis spare part, you need to be as careful as possible so as not to damage the glass unit itself.
Setting loops in different positions
PVC windows can be adjusted independently even when working with hinges. There are situations when the lower part of the transom begins to cling to the window frame. This is what happens when the sash hangs. You can restore this by working with the horizontal or vertical slider. Actions are simple:
- Horizontal restoration is performed using the upper or lower loop. A hex wrench is involved in the work. It goes into the right hole. Turn to the right. In this position, the sash will begin to be attracted to the hinge, and the opposite lower corner will rise. Downward movement occurs in the opposite direction. This is how the adjustment is made.
- Bottom hinge adjustable in open and closed frame positions. When the transom is open, it is adjustable from the outside. The process is the same as in the first case. So each owner can remove the slope and move the frame.
- In order for the adjustment to take place vertically, it is required to manipulate the lower loop. You should find the adjusting hex. It is located under the cap of the lower hinge of the window itself.
Many believe that all this is a rather complex process. In fact, when working, it is not necessary to call the wizard. The operation is quite possible to carry out independently.
Stitch press and handle handling
When the seal is loose, it causes drafts.In such a situation, work is carried out with a clamping mechanism, using a key. There is a tongue on the sash. When it gets out strongly, the double-glazed window is fixed to the frame. The clamp is carried out on one or both loops of the structure. Most often, the work depends on the fittings. When work is carried out with the lower loop, the cap is removed and the bolt rotates. The latter is located perpendicular to the frame. But the top hinge is adjustable on the sash itself.
PVC window repairs can also be due to problems with the handle. It fails for various reasons. You will need to pull the handle cover and make a right angle turn, remove the connecting element. After the broken part is removed. A new one is installed in its place. The screw is tightened, and the plate returns to its original position.
If you constantly monitor the condition of the windows, then problems with rubber bands and other misunderstandings will not appear. It is worth periodically making preventive examinations.