How to clean the oven if it is covered with fat, soot? The resulting brown coating on the door interferes with normal thermal insulation. The smell of burnt food remains is already tired, and the cooking process does not bring joy. We offer several ways to clean the oven easily and effortlessly. This will require a minimum of time and money, as well as a little skill.
Basic features in the care of ovens
Every technique involves self-care, whether it's a frying pan, oven or stove. Almost every electric oven is equipped with a self-cleaning function. But the gas will have to tinker:
- Catalytic oven cleaning is a chemical reaction that breaks down fats. The result is carbon and water.
- Pyrolytic oven cleaning: what is it - the process of burning fat at a temperature of 500 degrees.
In both cases, water is required. As stated in many operating instructions, the bowl of water is placed on the bottom of the oven. Then there is heating in the "warm-up" mode. After half an hour, you can clean the cabinet with a simple rag withoutadding detergent components.
But not all housewives have this feature. This is expensive - units with such modes cost from several hundred dollars. In addition, it is recommended to clean them every time after cooking. It is expensive because of the cost of electricity, time.
How to clean the oven: detergents
Hydrolysis sometimes saves the day when old deposits cannot be manually removed with a sponge. For this you need:
- Preheat the oven to 280 degrees or the maximum temperature for your oven model.
- Remove shelves and baking trays after calcination so that fat moves away from metal elements.
- Contaminants are removed half an hour after treatment with oven cleaner.
- Some pans (stainless steel) need to be soaked in warm water beforehand.
- Wash the oven walls after cooling down.
- If oven detergent is used, it is applied to the walls and left for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the product with a sponge, periodically rinsing it under running water.
Be sure to use rubber gloves. This will protect the skin from exposure to household chemicals.
Modern substance is considered "Amway" for ovens. The gel does not contain abrasive substances. Suitable for ovens and stoves, barbecue grills and braziers. Copes with burnt sugar, old fat, burnt pieces of food. It is necessary to apply "Amway" for ovens on the walls of the oven, leave for half an hour and wipe with a sponge soaked in water.
Gel is not recommended if your oven has a self-cleaning function. Suitable for enameled and stainless surfaces. It is better not to wash aluminum, painted and chrome-plated products of equipment. Use an improvised home remedy of your own preparation. We will talk about this later.
Point effect on fat
How to clean an oven that is completely covered in grease? Soda, vinegar and laundry soap will do for this:
- Dilute laundry soap in 100-150 ml of hot water.
- Pour the product into a baking sheet and put it in the oven.
- Turn on appliances, warm up to 100 degrees.
- Turn off the appliance after 25 minutes.
- Use a damp sponge to wash off the softened grease.
If the deposits are difficult to remove, repeat the procedure.
Soda will be an excellent tool for cleaning the oven. It should be mixed in water until the consistency of liquid sour cream. The mixture is applied to the walls of the unit for 15-20 minutes. The surface should be rubbed with a washcloth or the abrasive side of a sponge, so this method is not suitable for an enameled and painted oven.
Important! Soda must be washed off thoroughly, as pieces of the dried mixture may remain on the walls of the cabinet. Vinegar is considered a good tool for cleaning ovens and stoves. It does not corrode walls like professional household chemicals, and is suitable for many types of surfaces.
Acetic solutions and acids to fight fat
Every housewife has table vinegar. It can be useful not only for cooking, but also for cleaning kitchen utensils:
- Dilute the vinegar with water 1:1.
- apply solution to contaminated areas.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove the remaining deposits and fat from the walls of the oven.
If you need to clean a baking sheet, grate, electric stove, wipe all surfaces with vinegar and rinse with water.
Acetic acid is also suitable in the fight against soot. Old dirt, dry pieces of food cannot always be softened and removed using professional tools. As a rule, acetic acid does not contain harmful components, is developed in accordance with GOST, and is considered environmentally friendly. Recipe:
- Acetic acid is an excellent cleaner for ovens and stovetops. It is mixed with soda. First, soda is applied to the surface, then it is quenched with vinegar. Sometimes a ready-made grate cleaning solution is used.
- Remove residues with soapy water.
If you did not know how to clean the inside of an electric oven so as not to spoil the enamel, the surface, vinegar and soda are the most inveterate opponents of fatty deposits. See what other ways to deal with "pests" cleanliness.
Old soot - heavy artillery
How to clean an oven that is covered with old and dried burnt fat? Neither professional chemistry, nor soda solutions, nor the efforts of housewives take it. In such cases, you should not turn to grandmothers and their wisdom for advice, but banal knowledge of chemistryfrom high school:
- S alt is an absorbent that absorbs fat components. S alt should be applied to the stainless steel surface so that the coating does not deteriorate or scratch. This method is not suitable for enamel. When the s alt turns brown, it is believed that moisture and fat deposits have been absorbed. You can remove the mixture from the surface.
- Baking powder - they rub the surface of the walls of the oven. The powder rolls into balls in which fat is present. Burning will also go away if you pre-moisten the walls of the oven.
- Citric acid - the finished powder is a round granules. If you mix them with water and spray on the walls of the oven, after 12 hours you can wipe the walls of the equipment and remove all carbon deposits and old fat.
These are the old ways. There are several more options on how to quickly clean the oven.
Ammonia components: alcohols and alcohol solutions
Ammonia has always easily coped with scale, grease and old fumes. Cleaning the oven at home with this method is quite simple:
- Ammonia works on old burnt fat. He "does not take fresh".
- A sponge is moistened with an alcohol solution (water and alcohol in a 1:2 ratio) and the walls of the oven are wiped.
- Baking trays should be treated with alcohol and water in a ratio of 1:1.
- After 5-6 hours, burnt and fat deposits are removed.
If there are stains from a year ago, the procedurerepeats. Clean the surface of alcohol with hot water and soap. There are two more separate methods that differ in cooking technology and the procedure itself.
Ammonia: cold and hot methods
The cold method is as follows:
- Ammonia in its pure form is sprayed on the surface of the oven. Trays and racks cannot be removed.
- The solution is left overnight.
- Rinse the oven thoroughly with water in the morning.
- The oven is heated to 70 degrees.
- A glass of undiluted ammonia is placed on the top shelf.
- On the bottom shelf is a bowl with 60 ml of boiling water.
- Close the oven and leave everything for 6-8 hours.
These methods are suitable for cleaning the stove and oven in the summer, when you can open the windows at night and ventilate the room. It is desirable that households do not breathe alcohol vapors. After the procedure, the oven is washed with soapy water, the room is ventilated. Sometimes, for better cleaning, a cleaning agent is added to ammonia (in a glass). The mixture is washed with the oven and then cleaned with water from residues.
Household chemicals for other purposes: we make solutions on our own
In order not to spoil the surface of the oven with strong professional chemicals, but also not to beat the fifth hour, rubbing fat with soda, it is sometimes recommended to resort to tricks:
- So, there are good old-fashioned products in hardware stores: Pemolux, Comet and dishwashing gels.
- Only weapons that are notintended for children's dishes. There is chlorine, and additives, and surfactants.
- Each "drug" is mixed with citric acid.
- The mixture is applied only to the walls of the oven.
- After half an hour everything is washed off and washed several times.
If there is a smell of detergent (chlorine), it is better to repeat the washing several times. Chlorine-containing components kill not only fats, but also enamel. A simple hand cream will help protect it. It is diluted (after cleaning) with water, applied to the walls of the oven and washed off with warm water.
Caric acid: how can it help?
Charcoal will save the oven from burning, but not from fat. If the walls of the road, treat them with lemon juice. It will protect the metal from corrosion of paint and surface.
So, carbonic acid is mixed with s alt. Add half a liter of water to a glass. Pour (carefully) 1 kilogram of s alt and 1 teaspoon of carbonic acid into it. The mixture is slightly heated on the stove (on low heat). Everything is placed on the bottom of the oven and heated further to 150 degrees.
The oven will turn off after 40 minutes. Let it cool and you can start wiping the surfaces. It is acceptable to use any household cleaner or professional oven chemicals.
How to mix ingredients - what is each solution against?
All housewives know that you can use not only s alt, alcohol, soda separately, but also mix them for a better effect on fats and soot. Some methods have been described, something you know too:
- Soda and vinegar - the combination is more effective, especially for those surfaces that cannot be rubbed with abrasive elements.
- Lemon and water - fresh dirt is removed with a simple wipe. Old ones are best treated with a solution of powdered citric acid and water.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder: Mix equal proportions of baking soda, baking powder and water, add lemon juice and work on stubborn fat.
- S alt and detergent: a mixture for those whose oven does not wash the third time with simple cleaning products. Mix the ingredients and treat the walls of the oven.
- Ammonia ammonia is a nuclear component, and if mixed with soapy water, you get a mixture that can remove very old stains.
Now you know exactly how to clean the oven from grease and soot in a few hours, without much effort.
How not to ruin the technique by cleaning?
To ensure that the oven works properly after each such cleaning:
- try to clean all walls from visible pieces of food;
- unplug it beforehand;
- if there are bulbs, unscrew them;
- fans are never sprayed;
- open heating elements must be completely cool;
- it is advisable to clean the grilles from adhering dirt in advance.
If you follow simple safety rules, the oven will last at least another 5-7 years. Do not forget about safety precautions:use gloves, goggles when working with household chemicals. It is not always possible to protect the eyes and respiratory tract from harmful components.
Prevention of difficult pollution
Do not be lazy to enable self-cleaning, if such a function is provided. It will not replace a major cleaning, but it will preserve both the appearance and functionality of the unit. Just half an hour of heating, a glass of wasted water, and the oven can be safely wiped with a paper towel, removing dirt and remnants of fresh fat.
Any deposits affect the taste of food, the cooking process. heating elements suffer the most - exposed Z-shaped parts must be cleaned constantly. The higher the cooking temperature, the more difficult it is to rub off the hardened fat.
Burnt food can ruin both the taste and smell of a new dish. Even if the walls of the oven are clean, the fan openings are clean, due to the influence of electric waves, the food is not cooked as intended by the manufacturer. Also, do not neglect the function of warming up, defrosting and heating the temperature. If the oven is working properly, make sure that its individual elements do not fail.
Then any cleaning will seem quick and easy. And the technique will please you for more than a dozen years, even if the warranty has not been valid for a long time.