Ceiling spotlights are directional spotlights that have lighting controls. Despite the similarity of these elements with chandeliers, sconces and other lighting fixtures, they stand out in a separate category. First of all, this is due to the presence of a retractable bracket that allows you to change the direction of the light rays. Next, consider the features of these devices, varieties and installation methods.
The main advantage of recessed ceiling spots is the ability to quickly and accurately redirect light rays.
Among other advantages, the following points are noted:
- Easy to install. Products are mounted according to the example of standard point analogues. You can do all the work yourself, without involving professionals.
- You can adapt the material in question at any point of the suspended structure, even without laying a strobe. A small hole is simply made in the ceiling, which serves for wiring a rigid wire, with which the ceiling spot itself aggregates.
- As the designers assure, these elements createa visual increase in space and do not clutter up the room, guaranteeing a sufficient level of lighting.
- Designs fit harmoniously into almost any interior design, serve as universal lighting elements.
Recessed Ceiling Spots
Most people prefer to refer to such products as adjustable spotlights, which have the option of slightly adjusting the initial position. Devices are used mainly for servicing small functional areas.
Installation of recessed ceiling spots is quite simple. A hole of a suitable diameter is drilled in the suspended structure, where the lamps are inserted, previously connected to the electrical wiring. In the opening, the device is fixed with special spring-type clamps. To install, they are simply squeezed by hand, inserted into the socket and released. The locks themselves will take the desired position, after which it is necessary to adjust the lamps in space.
Fixed ceiling spots
This type differs from the built-in counterparts only in the installation method, somewhat reminiscent of classic sconces. Fix the lamp with a special U-shaped bracket. It is fixed to the ceiling with nails or screws, after which it is directly attached to the spot using decorative screws.
The main advantage of overhead ceiling spots is the absence of the need to make landing nests with the selection of a certain diameter.
These versions differ from point modifications in that several directional light sources can be placed in one housing. Advantages of the device: effective illumination of the room with the ability to direct specific beams to a specific place in the room, including the farthest corners.
In addition to these functions, ceiling spots are distinguished by the type of light source (normal, LED options with incandescent lamps or energy-saving light elements). Versions with complex combinations can be mounted on roof rails, a special round, flat or rectangular base.
The lighting market offers the widest range of luminaires with pronounced decorative or practical functions. Ceiling spots in the interior also need to be properly selected in order to provide a sufficient level of light and not spoil the equipment and style of the room.
When buying a lamp, you should pay attention not only to the design of the device, but also to the type of lighting, which should not be very bright, tire your eyes and make you sleepy. Wall and rotary spots make it possible to direct the rays of light to a specific place, making the interior more harmonious and comfortable.
Do-it-yourself installation: where to start?
Ceiling spot spots, regardless of design, have a similar installation pattern. It can be divided into several steps:
- Electric cable wiring. Wires run fromswitchboard, where they are switched with a switch. In the best case, it is better to place the wiring even before installing a false or stretch ceiling.
- Then, the light elements are connected to the electrical circuit of the dwelling in parallel. From the distributor, stretch the wires to the first lamp, the rest of the analogues are already connected to it.
- The cable is taken with a certain margin (about 300 millimeters). Excess is masked behind a suspended structure.
- These processes must be completed before installing the ceiling, and the installation of ceiling spots should be done after the system is fully prepared
It is worth noting that most of these light elements operate from a 12 volt source. In this case, the electrical circuit is equipped with a step-down transformer. For example, you can install a network adapter in a certain place on the entire structure, or equip each spot with a separate analogue. If there are many light sources in the circuit, it is more profitable to use one powerful adapter than several smaller versions.
Which lamps are used?
In ceiling spots for stretch ceilings, several types of lamps can be used (most are applicable to classic chandeliers and lamps). Among them:
- Traditional incandescent lamps. They are sold everywhere and have a minimum cost. However, they are practically not used in spots, as they have a low efficiency, they heat the air more than they give light. In addition, bydue to the strong heating of the elements, there is a risk of deformation of the tensile structure, especially when it comes to built-in modifications.
- Halogen variations. Such lamps have a high efficiency, the beam of light resembles sunlight. At the same time, they have low energy consumption and a service life of around 12,000 hours.
- The best option would be LEDs, which are highly economical and efficient. These lamps have a long working life, do not depend on the number of switching on and off operations, and practically do not heat up. In connection with the indicated possibilities, such variations are the most popular in the modern market.
The specified type of lighting fits perfectly into almost any interior, from classic to high-tech. This is due to the variety of stylistic design and designs of light elements.
Spots are great for the kitchen, providing basic lighting, or provide auxiliary lighting in the area of work areas. Elements can be placed directly above the tables if the kitchen set does not provide for upper cabinets. Otherwise, spot spots installed in the bottom of the upper mounted modules will do.
In the rest of the rooms there will also be a use for the indicated lamps. They allow you to change the direction of the flow, which allows you to emphasize certain parts of the room.
When choosing ceiling or wall spotsit is necessary to take into account the height of the ceilings, the number of lamps, the area of \u200b\u200bthe room. This is especially important if the elements are mounted on special rods. By using details in your home or office in the right way, you are sure to elevate the design of the room while providing maximum comfort in terms of lighting.