Violet Blue lotus differs from many varieties of its relatives in appearance. The flower is perfect for decorating an empty window sill. In addition to external data, the plant has other distinctive features regarding care and origin. The uniqueness of the plant makes it in demand among many flower growers.
Primary information about the plant
This variety of violet was selected by Elena Lebetskaya in 2014. The flower is also called Egyptian or Nile lily. The third name sounds like Blue water lily. The plant bears many similarities to the Egyptian water lily.
Violet Blue Lotus is a very common variety that is loved by many flower growers. On almost every windowsill you can find a flowering plant of this kind.
What is a flower
Violet Blue Lotus is a unique flower with certain characteristics:
- The blue bud is a "star" with terry petals, the edges of whichpainted light green.
- The leaves are green in color with an average degree of color. The variegation has white veins.
- The outlet has a neat, even structure.
- Flower diameter can be 4.5 cm.
- Peduncles can have 6 buds, which will lie on the leaves due to a weak stem.
- Flowering lasts about 3 months, as the next blooms in the same peduncle to replace the faded specimen.
It blooms for a long time, but the edges of the petals dry out quickly, which spoils the appearance. The color of the petals and leaves depends on the degree of illumination - the more light, the lighter the pigment.
Elegant flower care rules
Violet Blue Lotus is not considered whimsical compared to other varieties. You need to know just a few nuances of growing:
- It is better to place a flowerpot with a plant on the middle or bottom shelf of the rack.
- For optimal cultivation, violets need 11-12 hours of sun exposure.
- The optimum temperature is 18-20 degrees.
- The high temperature will depress the plant - a value of 27 degrees is considered too high.
- Watering should be carried out strictly according to the schedule. You can not fill the flowerpot too much. It is advisable to constantly loosen the soil in a pot.
In addition to standard care, periodic feeding should be present. Necessarilyyou need to monitor the condition of the leaves - remove sluggish or dried specimens. Violets often get sick, so you should pay attention to even minimal color changes or slow growth / development.
Propagating violets with sheets is the easiest solution
To increase the number of flowering flowerpots on the windowsill, it is worth breeding the plant. There are several options, but the most optimal is the use of the sheet.
How to propagate violet without problems at home? Consider next:
- You need to select a sheet from the middle tier. The copy should not be damaged, discolored. The future sprout should be he althy, not sluggish.
- The stalk of a torn sheet must be cut with a blade at an angle of 45 degrees. For this, a sharp blade disinfected in alcohol is used.
- You can put the leaf in water or place it in a cup with soil. It is better to use the second method for rooting.
- Sprinkle the leaf with earth so that only 1 cm of the cutting is covered.
- Watering is done with a period of 1-2 days. It is enough to use 20 g of liquid at a time for irrigation.
Preparing a glass for rooting is as follows: you need to make holes in a disposable container. Lay gravel, foam balls, pebbles at the bottom to form drainage. Fill the container up to half with special soil for growingviolets. Then you can plant.