The ability to quickly bring a machine gun or a gun into combat is especially important among the military and hunters. A second's delay can deprive prey, and even life. Especially for people of these professions, such a device as a three-point belt has been created. This system has become an integral part of hunting, military, and more recently sports equipment.
Origin of the name
The "three-point" belt got its name due to the presence of a middle “floating” point in it. The weapon is attached in three places. In this way, the three-point sling for a shotgun, machine gun, machine gun or rifle differs from the already outdated two-point version, in comparison with which the new attachment design is much more advanced.
What are the benefits of a three-point carry?
Hunting is very exciting for some people. Often it is not so much the result itself that fascinates, but many hours of tracking down game. The person is capable ofovercome long distances without feeling tired at all. Anyone who has ever been on a hunt knows that success largely depends on the ability to quickly bring the weapon into combat condition and make a well-aimed shot. This can be done if the hands are not loaded, and the rifle is always ready. Ordinary two-point belts performed only one task - they saved a person from the labor of carrying a weapon. But for quick aiming, they were not adapted due to the design features of the two-point attachment, which consisted in the fact that a well-aimed shot could only be fired if the weapon was removed from the shoulder. The three-point sling for a gun, unlike the classic mount, provides the ability to carry a weapon for a long time and, if necessary, quickly use it without removing it from the shoulder.
Using one point for fastening
Single-point tactical belts are applicable for small-sized weapons (models not exceeding one meter). Fastening is carried out using a single carabiner, which is attached to the neck of the butt or to the rear of the receiver. To perform a quick reset, the single-point system contains a fastex - a special buckle with three teeth. The disadvantage of this tactical belt is manifested during the run - the weapon gets tangled in the legs or hits the torso. The weaknesses of such designs are as follows:
- Single-point slings are very inconvenient for long weapons.
- The suspension does not provide a tight hold to the body, as a result of which the owner is forced to constantly control the weapon in order toit did not descend and scoop up various debris with the barrel.
Standard two-point carry
In a conventional two-point system, fastening is carried out using two carabiners. One of them is hooked to the swivel on the butt, and the second - with the help of a suspension to the butt plate. You can quickly reset the gun using the fastex, which is located near the rear carbine. This method is considered classic and comfortable enough to carry weapons on one shoulder. You can adjust the length of the tactical belt with one hand. However, this use has its drawbacks:
- Does not make it possible to quickly transfer the weapon to the combat position on the aiming line.
- In order to change the 2-point gun sling from one shoulder to the other, the strap must be completely removed, which is very tiring.
- Belt design does not provide sufficient suspension density.
The two-point use of tactical harnesses is gradually being replaced by a three-point one.
Most popular option
Three-point belt, unlike two-point, easily moves from one shoulder to another. These tactical belts provide a tight fixation of the weapon. They do not interfere with rapid shooting. The three-point harness is ideal for long distances. If necessary, this design can be converted for single-point or two-point wear. The front suspension (mount) can be moved along the weapon from the first to the rear swivel and even torear attachment point. This is easy to do by sliding the front suspension along a line that is pulled along the gun or machine gun. Thus, a three-point belt can be converted to a two-point belt or a single-point belt.
The three-point mounting system is inconvenient for reloading a pump action shotgun. Putting such belts on this weapon is impractical, since they will interfere with the distortion of the forearm. Three-point belts can also be uncomfortable for left-handed people, since the sling stretched along the weapon blocks the window for ejecting spent cartridges.
Features of the three-point attachment of weapons
The “floating” third point can change its location:
- Front swivels. Fixation occurs with the help of fastex. To reset to the rear position, just unclench the buckle.
- Behind the swivel.
Three-point tactical belts do not contain various additional elements that are equipped with weapon belts. They are already very comfortable.
Standard Zubr three-point harness
This tactical sling is used to carry all types of long-barreled weapons with 2 cm swivel swivels. Zubr-Standard is not designed to carry an assault rifle. Belt products are products with the following parameters:
- belt tape is 4 cm wide;
- belt thickness is 2.5mm;
- products are made of polyamide;
- Item weighs 130g
Modernized Zubr-Blitz, unlikefrom its standard counterpart, has a quick reset function. This multifunctional tactical sling has a quick-release buckle that allows you to instantly release weapons with one hand.
Multifunctional weapon belt “Zubr-Saiga”
This belt tape has found its wide application among hunters, especially owners of smooth-bore carbines "Saiga" (popularly this model is also called "Vepr"). It is for this model that one of the modifications of the Zubr multifunctional weapon belts is intended. For this mounting system, as well as for the two previous ones, the presence of a swivel is considered important. Its width is at least two centimeters. Unlike the previous two options, the Zubr-Saiga multifunctional weapon belt gives the hunter the opportunity to carry the weapon in a different position - with the barrel up or down. According to hunters, wearing a carbine with the barrel up is the best option, as it allows you to keep in sight and control the muzzle. If necessary, the position can be quickly changed.
- The belt is 4 cm wide.
- Belt thickness is 2.5mm.
- Color - olive or black.
- Weight - 130 g.
This is the name given to the patented invention of Vladimir Kharlampov, the founder of Tactical Solutions. This attachment system differs from the standard three-point attachment system by the absence of a sling. The belt system consists of a pull-up tape and a maingirth, which, connecting into a ring, wraps around the body of the shooter. With the help of a three-slotted buckle, the pull-up tape is connected to the front swivel. The end of the belt protrudes from the buckle and moves the suspension point. According to some users, this system has two drawbacks:
- she looks unaesthetic;
- frequent clinging of the tape peeking out of the buckle for foreign objects (bushes, tree branches) is possible.
The advantage of this belt system is the ability to freely carry weapons on the chest and at hand.
It is an upgraded harness system that allows you to carry shotguns, pump-action shotguns, submachine guns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, grenade launchers and machine guns. Differences M3 from the previous version:
- The M3 design is considered universal, as it makes it possible to use the belt as an adjustable two-point. The sling can also be adjusted to carry a weapon on the back (biathlon version).
- The M3 has a wide detachable shoulder strap.
- Reducing the number of buckles.
- The design is equipped with a low-noise lining and a “Riga” carbine.
In order to be a happy owner of such multifunctional weapon belts, it is not necessary to go to specialized and hunting shops. With the necessary skills, as well as having the right materials, you can make a three-point belt with your own hands. For this you will need:
- Belt tape.Preferably 2.5 to 3 meters long. Belt width must be 25 mm.
- Fastex - 2 pieces.
- Buckles - 7 pieces.
Three-point seat belts. What is it?
Modern passenger cars contain a passive safety system. Its main structural element is three-point belts.
They prevent dangerous movement of a person in the cabin in the event of a collision with a car or as a result of its sudden braking. Of great importance for the he alth of the driver and passenger is the even distribution of energy, which is only possible with a V-shaped arrangement of belts. This is the design of the three-point seat belts. What kind of system it is can be seen in the photo below.
How does the seat belt work?
The car seat's three-point harness is made up of three parts:
- Sling. For its manufacture, high-strength materials are used. The fastening of the strap with the body is carried out in three places: on the rack, on the threshold, on the rod with a lock. Car seat belts can be adjusted if necessary, adapting to a person's height.
- Castle. It is located at the seat of the car and performs the function of locking the seat belt. The design of the lock contains a switch that is connected to the circuit of the vehicle's audiovisual signaling system. This is intended to remind the driver and passengers of the effectiveness of seat belt use. The strap connects tolock with a movable metal tongue.
- Coil. It is located on the body pillar. Designed for forced unwinding and automatic winding of belts. To block unwinding as a result of an accident, the reel has an inertial mechanism. The seat belt is pulled out of the drum with slow movements.
Installation of three-point seat belts in the passenger compartment was first proposed by Volvo in 1959.
Passenger restraint options
- Non-inertial. This safety system is characterized by an individual adjustment of belts for a specific person. This option can be found in cars up to 1980 release. Modern models are not equipped with such a system. The disadvantage of this fixation is the inability to adjust the belt to the child's parameters.
- Inertial. This system contains a belt that, using an automatic retractor mechanism, can tightly fix an adult passenger and a child. In case of a possible collision, braking, the movement of the seat belt is blocked by a locking mechanism. For the manufacture of tapes, an elastic fabric is used, which, depending on the load, can lengthen.
Three-point belts have found their application in hunting, in sports, in military affairs. They are the most popular personal protective equipment in the car.
With a fairly simple design, three-point belt systems are highly durable, reliable and comfortable to use.