The check valve for heating plays an important role during the operation of the system for space heating. This design preserves the direction of movement of the coolant flow. Specialists must necessarily perform the installation of fittings in order to firmly fix all connections.
The purpose of the valves for the heating system
When the heating season begins, a constant hydrodynamic pressure arises in the system, which is localized in specific areas. The consequences of such a phenomenon can be varied, and in some cases the main flow of the liquid is redirected. If a person has taken care of his home and installed a check valve for heating in a centralized system, he will not face unpleasant consequences. The presented design allows to achieve stable and uninterrupted operation of the entire complex.
The non-return valve is able to prevent the reverse movement of the heat carrier. That is why it is necessary to carefullyselect it for further installation. Today, there are several varieties of these designs: petal, spring, disc, ball and gravity check valve for heating.
What causes emergency situations in the heating system?
No one is immune from emergencies that can occur for a variety of reasons:
- Water that moves through the gravity heating system cools unevenly. The temperature that expands the liquid in the return pipes can reach a limit, and then the main water flow changes.
- Breakthrough and failure of the system may occur due to the installation of several heating circuits. It becomes more difficult to maintain uniform pressure readings within each valve. In this case, the hot liquid can move in the direction of least resistance.
- Complete set of heating system. Intermediate lines and return lines must be installed. They perform the task of evenly distributing thermal energy to each individual radiator.
It is for this reason that the check valve for heating must ensure the uninterrupted passage of hot water, as well as prevent its reverse movement through the system.
How to choose the right valve?
Before buying parts for the heating system, it is necessary to determine the basic parameters for connecting them to the central pipeline. The main rule isfull compliance with the through diameter of the reinforcement along the entire line. For example, if the pipe section is 35 mm, then the check valve must have the same parameter value.
Next, you should determine the optimal type of connection of the structure to the system. Now every person will be able to come to the store and see a large selection of equipment for the heating system. Several basic designs can be distinguished:
- The sleeve valve is threaded with a connector. This scheme is widely used for spring disc structures that are installed in an autonomous heating system.
- Flanged models. They are intended for further installation on highways that have a large diameter. In most cases, a check valve for heating with a ball is used.
- Wafer systems. They must be mounted between pipes that are small in size and dimensions. The best option for installation is flap check valves for central heating.
During the installation of autonomous heating, where the check valve will be located, it is necessary to take into account several important stages of the work:
- The body must include devices to guide the movement of hot water.
- To significantly improve waterproofing, you need to use specially designed paronite gaskets. Winding is also suitable for these purposes. Materials must not reduce the areaworking section of stop valves.
Check valve for heating system is made of stainless steel or brass. It must be installed at each point where there is a branching of the pipeline.