Today, reinforced concrete steps have become familiar to everyone, and not so long ago they were a real innovation in the field of construction. The combination of concrete and metal frame made it possible to form a durable and strong combination, which is in high demand today.
For places with high traffic, concrete steps are optimal. Side chips, cracks, scratches, stripes from heels do not appear on them. Also, they do not deteriorate from atmospheric phenomena such as wind, rain and snow. The plane does not absorb dirt and water, it is easy to wash. Reinforced concrete products are found almost everywhere, due to the variety of sizes, simplified installation and durability. GOST regulates concrete steps depending on their main component. And the most common are the steps of GOST 8717.1-84.
Often a mixture of heavy, light and silicate is used for the production of reinforced concreteconcrete. Created products become practically invulnerable and designed for use at temperatures up to -40°C. They are able to withstand 300 freezing cycles, while the appearance and composition practically do not change. That is why concrete elements have become widespread in many countries for the transformation of territories and the construction of buildings.
Possibility of use
Concrete steps for stairs can be used for screw and mid-flight options, fixed on a monolithic base or stringers. They have a prefabricated structure, which makes it possible to easily replace one or more steps.
This staircase will harmoniously look both at the exit from a private house and in a building with many floors. Concrete steps are used for stairs and in confined spaces. The prefabricated structure can have any size, width and height. But there must be at least 15 elements in one turn of the stairs.
At first glance it may seem that the steps are all the same, but they are divided into several types:
- Lower frieze step. It is the connecting element between the bottom rung of the stairs and the floor. It differs from the main one only in the presence of a special console, due to which it is fixed on the floor slab.
- Frieze high step. It implements the same functions as the bottom one and is located between the top of the stairs and the platform.
- Main steps - applied throughout the staircasemarch.
- Area liner. It is a special stage, mounted after the main one. It is intended for a short load.
The types of reinforced concrete products listed above are used both in external and internal works. Even on a small porch, the descent should have frieze steps, an insert and main steps. So the design is able to transfer all loads.
Material for making
To create concrete steps, use different types of source material:
- Silicate concrete. It is a modern variation of building artificial material. It is produced by mixing quartz-type sand, quicklime and ground quartz sand. The material, depending on the fillers used, can be cellular, medium-density and dense. It is often used to create support and load-bearing floors.
- Lightweight type of concrete. It is similar in cut to pumice and is made from porous mineral and organic aggregates. It can be arbolite, vermiculite and others. It acquired its name due to the porous internal structure. The composition affects both the appearance and properties of the product. This type is characterized by increased strength, despite the heterogeneous structure.
- Heavy concrete. He is the most popular. The filling base divides it into areas of application and brands. Made from gravel, sand and quartz. The resulting products have found their application in underwater, internal and groundworks. It is possible to manufacture both individual elements and monolithic flights of stairs.
There are established standards and requirements for the parameters of steps and their appearance. So, on the side of the product there must be a specialized fastening or a loop, in order to be able to install a railing. Below is a nest for fixing and securing the steps. Embedded fixtures are used to connect the stringer and stairs. Particular attention is paid to the coincidence of the axes of the step and the stringer.
Reinforced concrete structures are divided into right-handed and left-handed. The location of the fasteners for the railing depends on this parameter. It is also worth noting the angle of elevation. Stairs with a steep slope are used to descend from the attic or porch. In this case, the appearance does not really matter, and the concrete steps themselves are up to 17 cm in height. After installation, they are usually decorated with metal overlays and decorative elements. And, thanks to carefully chosen cladding, the most unsightly staircase can be transformed.
Concrete steps also differ in external characteristics. They are standard, made from a heavy type of material. If the silicate or light version is taken as the basis, then the heavy one will be used as the top layer. Surface may have artificial indelible coating.
The structure on stringers can be located both outside and inside the building. Appearance of a narrow descent into the basement or neata small staircase will not spoil reinforced concrete and concrete steps. The dimensions of the products may vary, depending on the wishes of the customer, but the steps are mainly produced, the height of which is 33 mm, the width is 150 mm, and the length is 1050 mm.
Colored mosaics are widely used for the special decoration of the described structures. Thanks to this, it was possible to combine fashion trends and the strength of cement. In addition, steps are made with or without handrails (to make the structure lighter). But the railings still should not be abandoned, to increase safety. And if it is impossible to install them, it is desirable to have a supporting wall.
Concrete steps are the best choice. They have virtually no flaws. It is impossible not to note their main advantages:
- Practical. If a staircase of an unpresentable gray look is not suitable, cladding with porcelain stoneware, clinker or tiles is possible.
- Strength. No damage from heavy daily loads, and the material can withstand any impact and damage.
- Versatility. Can be used in any building, be it a townhouse, high-rise building, airport, train station, school or hospital.
- Durability. Concrete steps will stand without chips and cracks for at least ten years.