At the moment, many private houses still use old-type heating systems - open. In such networks, heated water flows by gravity through pipes due to thermal expansion, which is not very convenient. The radiators farthest from the boiler in such systems heat up worse than the neighbors. As a result, heat is distributed about the house unevenly. The way out of this situation can be a tie-in to the circulation pump system. Such equipment is not too expensive and consumes little electricity. The benefits from it are enormous. Installing a circulation pump in a heating system is a simple operation, and it can be done by hand.
You can buy a pump at any store specializing in the sale of equipment for various kinds of engineering systems. Its design is quite simple. In a stainless steel caseplaced electric motor. An impeller is fixed on its shaft. It is she who distills the water through the pipes.
There are two types of circulation pumps:
- "Dry". This type is most often installed in heating systems of multi-storey buildings. These pumps are very noisy and have a lot of power. They are usually installed in separate rooms.
- "Wet". In such pumps, the rotor rotates directly in the water. This is not too powerful, "quiet" equipment. In the event that the owners of a country house have come to the decision that installing a circulation pump in the heating system of a private house is a necessary thing, they should think about purchasing just such a model.
How to choose
When buying a circulation pump, first of all, you should pay attention to such a parameter as the output pressure. It is very easy to define it. To do this, the total length of the water supply must be divided by 10 and multiplied by 0.5. The pressure delivered by the pump is indicated in the technical data sheet (in meters).
Where it is installed
Install the circulation pump in such a way that access to it in the future is free. After all, like any other equipment, it can fail. In this case, it will need to be repaired or replaced.
Installation of the circulation pump in an open heating system (as in a closed one) is carried out on the return pipe. In this case, not so hot will pass through it.coolant. This can greatly extend its service life. Only the most modern models made of materials resistant to elevated temperatures can be placed on the supply line.
It is best to mount the pump in an open heating system on the bypass. This scheme is the most convenient. In the event of a power outage, the system can simply be switched to natural circulation mode.
In closed heating systems, the circulation pump is usually installed in close proximity to the expansion tank. In the open, you can put it anywhere. But the best option is still considered to be installation next to the boiler.
What else to buy
In addition to the pump itself, the owners of the house will have to buy a coarse filter. This equipment is installed on the bypass directly before the pump itself. It should definitely be cut. Otherwise, the impeller will quickly become clogged with silt or scale. Water even in very clean wells contains all sorts of impurities. In addition, the owners of the house, who decide to carry out such a procedure as installing a circulation pump in an open-type heating system, need to purchase:
- Shutoff valves. You will need two high-quality ball valves corresponding to the pump power (3/4 or 1) and one with a diameter equal to the same indicator of the return line.
- American, 2 limit switches needed to insert the tap into the line and two for the pump itself.
- Tow, faucet clamps, filter nipple.
Installation step by step
Installation of a circulation pump in the heating system begins with pumping out the coolant. Further installation is carried out as follows:
- A tap is inserted into the return pipe.
- Perform the actual operation such as assembling the circulation pump assembly. It must be built into the heating system strictly horizontally (shaft position). Also, during installation, make sure that the terminal box is located on top. To install, they take a ball valve and wind tow on its thread, coat it with paint and screw on the filter.
- The nipple and the detachable connection that comes with the pump are screwed in series.
- The connection is screwed onto the second tap through the tow.
- Next, the second parts of the connections are installed on the pump.
- After the pump assembly is assembled, you can proceed with its installation in the line. To do this, pipe sections are inserted into the taps located on both sides of it.
- The whole structure is attached to the main so that the tap embedded in it is in the middle. Next, marks are made on the pipe, along which holes are cut. Branches must be welded into them.
- At the final stage, the system is filled with water and pressure tested.
The scheme for installing a circulation pump in the heating system is shown in the figure below.
This element in the heating system is required. After all, the volume of downloadedin the water main, when it is heated and cooled, it can change significantly. In systems with natural circulation, open tanks are usually installed. They cost less than membrane ones and do their job quite well. In this regard, owners of private houses may have a question about whether this element needs to be changed when performing an operation such as installing a circulation pump in a heating system with a natural coolant current.
If there is a lack of funds, you can leave everything as it is. However, it is better to replace the tank. Membrane structures have the following advantages over conventional ones:
- They are installed in the immediate vicinity of the boiler, and not in the attic, which, of course, facilitates system maintenance.
- When using a tank of this design, contact of the coolant with air is completely excluded. Consequently, the internal parts of the system (boiler, pump, etc.) oxidize less and last longer.
- When using a circulation pump, home owners have the opportunity to create excess pressure in the system. This is done so that air does not accumulate in the radiators. If an open tank is included in the system diagram, this becomes impossible.
So, the technology for carrying out such a procedure as installing a circulation pump in a heating system with our own hands, we have considered in detail. As you can see, this operation is not too difficult.
However, no matter how carefully the pump is installed, if the operating rules are not followed, it will not last long. To prolong its service life, experts advise to adhere to the following recommendations:
- You must not turn on the device if there is no coolant in the system.
- The volume of water in the pipes must be kept within the operating specifications of the pump.
- In the event that the device will be idle for a long time, it should be started from time to time. This should be done once a month for about fifteen minutes.
- It is impossible to allow heating of the coolant above +65 degrees.
Installing a circulation pump in the heating system (photos of the most suitable equipment and the process of inserting it are presented on the page), thus - a procedure that can be performed independently. With strict adherence to the installation technology, the coolant pumping device will operate smoothly. But only in the case of its periodic inspections. Moreover, this operation should be carried out at least once a month. The procedure for inspecting the pump is as follows:
- The device is connected to the network and checked for extraneous noise.
- The coolant pressure is being checked.
- Checking pump heating temperature.
- The threaded flanges are inspected and, if necessary, lubricated.
- Checks for grounding between case and terminal.
- The pump is inspected forthe subject of leaks.
- The terminal box is inspected.
Proper installation of the circulation pump in the heating system and compliance by the owners with all the rules of its operation is a guarantee that it will serve faithfully for many years, and life in the house will be comfortable, including in winter.