Silicate tongue-and-groove boards have appeared on sale relatively recently, but in a short period of time they have become popular. The material can significantly reduce the level of labor intensity of the work performed, which is directly related to the installation of durable partitions of various types. Classic tongue-and-groove blocks can differ not only in performance characteristics, but also in dimensions. The most popular silicate models.
Silicate tongue-and-groove boards are a multifunctional building material. The surface of the blocks is perfectly even and smooth, due to which the craftsmen do not need to carry out additional plastering. The material has the following characteristics:
- affordable price;
- high strength blocks;
- easy and affordable installation;
- no need for additional plastering of the surface built from slabs;
- ideal geometry.
Quality silicate tongue-and-groove board is made from a universal mixture, which consists exclusively of natural ingredients. Manufacturers use quartz river sand, quicklime, water. The mixture is pressed into special molds under high pressure and high temperatures. The silicate tongue-and-groove plate has higher strength characteristics than gypsum counterparts. The material has less hygroscopicity and greater weight. To use such blocks, you need to equip a high-quality foundation that can handle the load.
Silicate boards are ideal for the construction of various partitions. The material has the following specifications:
- Absorption rate - 15%.
- Geometric dimensions - 500x250x70 mm.
- Density does not exceed 1870 kilograms per cubic meter.
Silicate tongue-and-groove board has good fire resistance. During operation, the material does not emit toxins, delays excess noise and cold. Even with significant temperature fluctuations and under the influence of moisture, the plates do not deform or crack.
Traditional silicate tongue-and-groove partition board is designed for fast and high-quality construction of internal load-bearing walls. Reviews of experts indicate that such material is not intended for large-scale use, as it gives a strong load on the foundation.Silicate blocks are ideal for building room dividers.
It is necessary to use a silicate tongue-and-groove solid slab for the construction of partitions after the construction work with the frame has been completed. But it is still too early to move on to finishing and arranging the final floor. If the property owner has planned to carry out redevelopment, then he can safely use the blocks in several layers. This option is especially relevant if you need to perform high-quality laying of engineering networks.
The weight of the finished structure will be impressive, but such a construction approach will hide all the shortcomings. The installation technique of ECO silicate tongue-and-groove boards is distinguished by its simplicity. The main thing is to correctly dock all the elements together. The blocks are not only heavy, but also universal locks. It is with the help of the latter that all structural elements are fixed.
Many property owners and builders actively use silicate tongue-and-groove slabs to achieve their goals. Reviews indicate that the material has the following positive characteristics:
- excellent refractoriness;
- small thickness;
- optimum level of noise isolation;
- high degree of reliability and structural strength;
- no need for additional plastering.The master can immediately proceed to the final finish. Ease of installation. Reliable and durable fixation of silicate blocks is carried out according to the "comb-groove" principle;
- material is easy to process. Depending on the desired result, blocks can be sawn, milled, nailed and even planed;
- material perfectly resists destruction by insects and rotting processes.
In order to avoid the most common mistakes during installation and operation, you need to study in advance all the disadvantages of silicate tongue-and-groove plates. Experts identify the following parameters:
- Slabs are excellent repeaters. Property owners will clearly hear all the sounds that come from the upper and lower floors.
- The erected partition may sway a little. The reason for this may be insufficiently tight fastening of the elements to the ceiling.
- Poor strength for fixing heavy structures to such walls.
- If one of the plates sags, the whole structure may simply collapse.
- Silicate boards must be acclimatized before use. The material must be left for several days in the room in which it will be used.
Skillful use of silicate tongue-and-groove boards during the laying of durable partitions can significantly reduce material and time costs. Builders can complete planned masonry work much faster and achieve good results. One plate can replace more than twenty standardbricks, and the time for its installation will take 6 times less. Due to this, the property owner can save a decent amount on the wages of masons.