When renovating an apartment, quite a lot of attention is paid to the color scheme of the walls, as it sets the mood in the home. Furniture and accessories are secondary and are selected after the design of the walls. What are the options for combining wallpaper? How to choose the right shades?
Nuances of choice
Many people who are thinking about making interior design combined make one gross mistake - they go straight to the hardware store. A significant disadvantage of this option is that the stores offer a fairly extensive selection of wallpapers of different plans and shades, making the right choice can be quite difficult. At the same time, quite often you can purchase materials that do not match in shades and textures. In order for such purchases to be successful, you need to bring with you a person who understands design and can give good advice.
The right choice of wallpaper to combine starts aton the Internet, where you can see various design options, combinations of shades and decide exactly what the apartment should be like in the end. Only after that you can go shopping.
Before you decide on the choice of pattern, you need to choose the color scheme of the entire room. Shades can be warm and cold. The former will make the room more comfortable and bright, while the latter will help visually expand the space, which is important for apartments with a small footage. At the same time, it should be remembered that the color scheme should be all or warm and cold, since the combination of such shades with each other can ruin any interior.
Also, when choosing the solo shade of the room, one should rely on personal taste. A universal option is the use of neutral colors, as bright shades can be annoying.
There are a lot of photo options for combining wallpaper in the living room and other rooms. Moreover, their shades may be related. For example, one-color or similar wallpapers that differ only in pattern are a versatile option. Here it is important to select wallpapers from the same collection, as there is a high risk of making a mistake with the choice and sticking absolutely diverse wallpapers.
Contrasting colors allow you to zone the room. For example, one solo shade is chosen, which will decorate the entire room, and wallpaper with a pattern that will highlight one wall. Soin this way, you can decorate the TV area, bedside space.
Ways to combine
There are some of the most common wallpaper combination options:
- One-tone + pattern is the most optimal and versatile way, since all walls except one are filled with the main color, and only one stands out with patterned wallpaper. In this case, the pattern can be either a contrasting shade, or close to the main one. It is important to note that the walls with a pattern are a self-sufficient element and do not require additional decoration.
- Drawing + drawing. This decoration option is suitable only for the most daring, as it looks quite bold and even defiant.
- Geometry + drawing or solid color. Geometric prints are also one of the varieties of pattern, but they look completely different. They need to be selected quite carefully, as too strict lines can get bored over time. Most often, prints in the form of ovals, zigzags, stripes are chosen.
Photos of wallpaper combination options show all the stylistic diversity and make it possible to choose the most suitable interior design.
Interior designers recommend these methods for combining a variety of wallpapers:
- One wall involves wallpapering only the wall that takes on increased attention. This is usually the wall at the head of the bed, behind the sofa or by the TV.
- As a picture. This option for combining wallpaper is pasted over with a rectangle orsquare on the wall to be selected. The frame of the "picture" is plain wallpaper, which is pasted over the entire room, or a baguette, which is designed to imitate the frame.
- Stripes are also able to attract attention. In this case, the wall is alternately decorated with plain basic wallpaper and material with a defiant pattern.
- Emphasis on a niche. The niche itself is an interesting interior detail, however, to enhance this effect, it can be decorated inside with colorful bright wallpaper.
The choice of method depends on the personal wishes of the owner of the apartment, and is also done taking into account the dimensions of the room.
Combinations of wallpapers and textures
The photo of options for combining wallpaper for a bedroom or other rooms clearly shows the use of a large number of different textures of materials with which you can create a unique interior. At the same time, there are some unspoken rules that experienced interior designers recommend:
- Height of the ceiling. In a standard apartment, where the ceiling height is below 2.5 meters, it is important to choose wallpaper with a medium-sized pattern in light shades, this will help to significantly increase the space. Vertical stripes are welcome, which will visually make the ceiling higher. With a ceiling height of more than 3 meters, it is required to give preference to a large pattern or divide the wall horizontally into two halves using wallpaper of different colors.
- Dimensions of the room. Allowed in the big roomuse absolutely any shades of wallpaper, including dark ones. Small spaces require visual expansion of the space with light colors.
- Texture. Textures can make a room feel much more expressive. However, when using several variants of materials, it is required to select the texture so that they do not contradict each other. Ideally, if the wallpaper is used from the same collection, where shades and textures are in harmony.
With the right choice of wallpaper combination option, you can visually divide the room into zones.
How to paste wallpaper? Combination options may be different, but with the right selection, you can achieve the following goals:
- Hide imperfections. It may seem strange, but bright wallpaper with a large pattern will help to hide the unevenness of the wall. Thus, hiding the problem, you can create a bright and individual interior.
- Zoning space. This technique can be used in almost any room. In the kitchen, you can allocate a zone for eating, in the bedroom - the head of the bed, and in the living room - a wall with a TV. In addition, by dividing the room with a plasterboard partition and highlighting it with other wallpaper, you can visually add another room to the apartment.
- Correct the geometry of space. For example, you can make a long and narrow corridor more voluminous and square by highlighting the end walls with dark-colored wallpaper.
- Make a wall a decorative elementphoto wallpapers will help, which can be chosen absolutely for any interior design. Such a wall can be the highlight of the whole room.
- Create an accent on the desired wall. At the same time, what stands near this wall is automatically highlighted - a sofa, a wardrobe, a fireplace.
In order for the interior to be as successful as possible, you should choose the right shades of wallpaper and their texture.
For those who are not too versed in interior design, there are ready-made color combination templates that can be used to decorate a room:
- white and beige in warm or cool shades go well with many colors from the palette, as they are neutral;
- colours such as pink and purple, blue and light blue, herbal and light green can be called close in compatibility;
- contrasting, but interesting are combinations of burgundy and pink, green and yellow, brown and turquoise;
- black and white classics are always relevant, despite the variety of prints on the wallpaper.
When choosing colors, it is important that the room does not turn out to be oversaturated, and the shades complement each other, not interrupt each other.