Construction from wood concrete is characterized by low costs and ease of workflow. At the same time, there are many options for building walls: you can get a lightweight structure or an object with a high level of thermal insulation. The manufacturing technology of wood concrete allows you to make wood concrete blocks yourself. This will take time, but will reduce costs.
To understand the essence of such a process as building from wood concrete, you need to understand the characteristics of the material itself. This refers to wood concrete, which is easy to install and also has a low heat transfer coefficient.
The basis for this material are carefully dried sawdust. They are mixed with cement binders and additives, which can significantly improve the quality of the product. Ready wood concrete is poured into molds, after which it goescompaction process. For these purposes, a vibrating table is used.
The blocks are removed from the molds after 30-40 hours and tested for strength. On average, such a check lasts a month.
Such a production scheme allows the production of various blocks - partition walls and wall blocks of any size. Construction of wood concrete takes place according to the standard order:
- home project;
- forming the foundation;
- building walls;
- roof construction;
- summarizing communications;
- exterior and interior decoration.
Construction from wood concrete is becoming more and more popular, since this material has a number of valuable qualities. These are the following characteristics:
- Excellent bending and tensile performance. Arbolite is much more stable and reliable in soil movements than foam and aerated concrete. For this reason, it is perfect for the construction of a strip foundation in places where soil mobility is increased. When vibrating, the blocks will not crack despite tension and compression.
- High vapor permeability. Due to this property, the use of wood concrete in construction is often associated with the construction of saunas and baths.
- Easily affected. Arbolite blocks are easy to saw, cut, self-tapping screws are easily screwed into them and nails are hammered.
- Light weight. It is easy to work with such material, because it weighs a little. When building a house from wood concrete, the need to lay a foundation with a high load-bearingability disappears. Suitable pile or tape. This will save time and money.
- Favorable level of thermal conductivity. At a coefficient of 0.08 W / m K, wood concrete significantly exceeds brick in terms of the degree of accumulation of thermal energy.
- Flame retardant. Wood concrete is a hardly flammable material and therefore safe (fire resistance index - 0.75-1.5). If, nevertheless, the process of burning or smoldering has begun, then the amount of smoke emitted will be minimal.
- Biostability. Within this characteristic, it can be attributed to the 5th group, which means immunity to the effects of mold and rot.
Due to the fact that wood concrete blocks are large, buildings are built faster than using bricks.
When making a choice in favor of projects for the construction of houses from wood concrete, you need to take into account a number of negative properties of this material.
The disadvantages of wood concrete include:
- Moisture absorption. This means that wood concrete is not universal - in certain climatic zones, other building materials will have to be used. But there is an alternative option in which such blocks can be used for construction - wood concrete covered with special moisture-resistant plaster.
- Vulnerability to corrosive environments and gases. Here, too, the need for additional processing arises.
- Quality. There is always the risk of purchasing defective blocks. For this reason, you need to carefully choose the manufacturer.
- Supplements. Sometimesthe manufacturer adds chemical elements that have an unpleasant odor to the wood concrete.
It is also worth considering the fact that the surface of the blocks is embossed. As a result, more plaster than usual may be required to level the walls.
How to choose
Before you start building a house from wood concrete (it is quite possible to do such work with your own hands), you must, of course, select blocks. And here it is important to understand which options are suitable for specific tasks.
Here's what to look out for:
- Strength. Within this category, the characteristics of wood concrete may vary. If you plan to build a house, the choice should be made in favor of blocks with a strength of 1, 5 or more.
- Density. There is structural and heat-insulating wood concrete on the market. The first is used for the construction of load-bearing walls and has a density above 500 kg / cubic meter. The second option is needed for the insulation of structures. Its density is noticeably lower.
- Appearance. In high-quality blocks, chips should not flake off. It is important to pay attention to this before purchasing them.
- Weight. One block can have a mass of 19 to 23 kg.
How to build
When wood concrete is used, house building technologies can be used differently. These are the options:
- Two-layer wall. Only the inner wall is built from wood concrete, brick is used for the outer one. This scheme allows you to get a warm and durable home.
- Three-layer. Between the inner and outer brick wall is the third - built of wood concrete blocks. This approach is relevant when building large objects.
- Wood concrete wall. We are talking about the use of exclusively wood concrete. The technology of building houses from wood concrete blocks is suitable for the construction of buildings with a maximum height of 2 floors. The foundation in this case can be both tape and tiled. The thickness of the load-bearing walls must exceed 50 cm. The reinforcement effect is achieved through the use of rods and steel mesh.
When there is such a task as building a house from wood concrete with your own hands, it is important to take into account all the information that can affect the final result.
This is a quality design, in which you first need to determine the properties of the soil and its composition in a particular area. These data are necessary for the correct calculation of the parameters of the foundation.
The next design stage is to determine the configuration of the house, the thickness of the walls, the use of thermal insulation materials, the location of windows and doors. Next, you need to select the appropriate building materials and calculate the required amount.
If the house will be built in the southern regions, then insulation may not be needed at all. But in cities like Novosibirsk, this column must be present.
The value of a well-designed project can hardly be overestimated. In addition, it will avoid overspending.building materials.
How to make blocks yourself
If necessary, you can save money during the construction process from wood concrete. Making the necessary wood concrete blocks with your own hands is a real task. As a result, you can independently control the quality, while reducing the level of costs associated with construction.
The manufacturing process itself includes the following steps:
- Preparation of the main component. This is wood filler. If you focus on GOST, then its size should be equal to the following parameters: 40 x 10 x 5 mm. The presence of small sawdust is necessary, but their total amount should not exceed 20%. Sugar must be removed from the filler, for which it is soaked in a solution (calcium oxide) with liquid glass. In this state, the material should be 8 days. To prevent decay, the infused mass is periodically interfered with.
- Making a mold. This design looks like a box, on the walls and bottom of which linoleum is fixed. The latter is needed so that the finished blocks can be easily removed. The size of formworks is calculated based on the desired characteristics of the block.
- Mixing components. The dried mass must be loaded into a concrete mixer and the necessary components added. The proportions are as follows: 6 bags of wood pulp, 1 bag of cement and 2 bags of sand. Mixing can be started after the water has been poured. The finished mixture should be moist but not runny.
- Formation of blocks. The resulting mass is necessaryload into previously made forms, carefully tamp and leave for a day. The next day, the dried blocks are carefully removed. After that, the forms can be filled again.
It is important to understand that only completely dry blocks can be used in construction work.
Building a house from monolithic wood concrete
The procedure for using this technology is similar to the process of working with concrete. In this case, two types of formwork can be used:
- Fixed. Since the formwork remains, the material from which it was made increases the strength of the wood concrete. The most suitable option for such construction is chipboard.
- Removable. In this case, the walls are protected by external finishing. For such purposes, you can use wood, siding, plaster and other materials that protect wood concrete from moisture.
If a non-removable option was chosen, then the wooden elements must be treated with an antiseptic. Any finishing materials can be attached to this type of wall - both from the outside and from the inside.
Wooden formwork frames are also designed to reinforce the wall. For this reason, they must be installed every 1.5 meters. As a result, the frame will act as reinforcement.
In order to pour the arbolite mass, you need to install wooden shields around the entire perimeter of the building at the height of the first belt. If reinforcement is necessary, then it must be done after they are installed.formwork.
Arbolite mortar must be laid in layers, punching through each of the layers. In order for the dried composition to "breathe", the bayonet should be moderate. The top layer is smoothed out, which allows a high degree of adhesion to the next formation.
After the solidification of the formed tier, the formwork is moved up. Mount a new one if a non-removable design is used.
In monolithic construction of wood concrete, instead of wooden elements, you can use facing bricks. With such a fixed structure, the main function of wood concrete is thermal insulation.
To increase strength, bonded bricks or metal staples are used. The latter must be installed every 5-6 masonry rows. The distance between the staples should be 60 cm.
When building walls, formwork can be used from the inside, and facing brick from the outside. This approach allows you to simultaneously save money, get strong exterior walls and provide sustainable protection from the effects of rain and wind.
At the stage of formation of ceilings and plinth during monolithic construction of wood concrete, a reinforced belt should be made on the walls. As jumpers in the openings, you can use a wooden beam. Under it, it is necessary to make an arbolite reinforced pillow. For these purposes, a cellular type mesh 600 x 600 mm is suitable.
Before erecting walls, you need to decide on the mechanism for lifting the solution to the upper levels. It is better to use scaffolding. If they could not be obtained, then you can choose stepladders orscaffolding.
When building turnkey wood concrete houses, the use of this technology saves a lot of time. You can buy blocks and not wait for the mortar to dry, as is the case with the construction of monolithic walls.
Moreover, if the deadlines are running out, it is more expedient to opt for the construction of facing wood concrete. We are talking about the use of blocks with a finished exterior finish. Their average price is 3-4 thousand rubles. for m3. A similar volume of bricks will cost 4500 rubles. As a result, the use of such wood concrete allows you to save not only time, but also money.
As for the process of building walls, the same masonry principle is used here as when working with blocks from other lightweight concretes.
It is better to choose a solution of lime. Due to its plasticity, it allows you to reduce the seam and reduce the level of thermal conductivity. It is easy to prepare: for this you need to mix lime and sand in a ratio of 1: 3. To increase the level of strength, it is worth adding a little cement.
If a house is being built in a region where there are severe colds, then it makes sense to use perlite or expanded clay sand to prepare the solution. This will keep the heat in the masonry seams.
To form an armored belt, you need to make a notch in the blocks. A frame is laid in it and concrete is poured. The same scheme is used here as in monolithic construction.
In the process of brick cladding, the connection of the outer wall with the blocks is ensureddue to the fastening of a metal loop (0.8 mm). You need to lay it in increments of 60 cm in every 5th row.
Construction from wood concrete (with your own hands you will do all the work or hire a team of workers - it doesn’t matter) does not require the formation of a powerful foundation. One of three popular options will suffice:
- pile screw foundation;
- tape shallow.
As a result, the time and money spent on installing the foundation will be much lower than in the case of a completely brick house.
It is important to pay attention to insulation and waterproofing. Moisture protection can be provided with roofing material or roofing felt (sheet iron). The latter has good characteristics of water resistance and biostability. Styrofoam is suitable for insulation.
You can improve the protection of wood concrete from moisture by doing the following:
- make a backing of bricks (50 cm);
- raise the foundation half a meter from the ground.
Things to consider when building walls
To get a reliable and warm home, you need to take into account some of the nuances regarding construction. We are talking about the following features of the process:
- You can protect walls from cold bridges by breaking the mortar joint.
- When a cement mortar is used, the blocks may absorb the moisture contained in it. To prevent this, you need to moisten the surface of the dry material with water.
- If you need blocks of non-standard shape, then it is better to process them on site, without wasting time on making special shapes.
At this stage of construction, the procedure does not differ from the process of building ordinary houses. The roof Mauerlat is attached to the upper blocks with the help of self-tapping screws. As a result, the roof will be stable in strong winds.
To evenly distribute the load, you can use a concrete screed with reinforcement along the top layer of wood concrete or wooden beams fixed on top of the blocks.
The last option is the most popular.
Wooden beams need to be treated with an antiseptic. They must be laid in increments of 60 cm. For the manufacture of rafters, boards with a section of 20 x 5 cm are suitable. Waterproofing material must be fixed on the fixed rafters.
To connect communications, you need to contact the specialists of utility companies. You cannot engage in this process on your own.
How much will it cost to build a house from wood concrete? Calculating the cost is not so difficult. It is enough to summarize the costs of all building materials and planned work. The final price tag will largely depend on the fact who is involved in the construction: the owner of the site or employees.
With a lack of time, turnkey construction of wood concrete houses will be the best option, since the customer will receive an object ready for living.
In this case, a two-storey house with an area of 80 m2 will cost approximately 2.2 million rubles. Prices can be significantly higher - it all depends on the materials and complexity of the project.
If the choice was made in favor of a one-story object, you will have to pay from 1.5 million rubles.
Arbolit is an affordable and reliable material that can be used to build houses, both in cold regions and in warm cities. The main thing at the same time is to provide reliable protection of wood concrete from moisture, since it easily absorbs it. Thanks to modern materials, this problem can be solved without much difficulty. If necessary, arbolite walls are reinforced with wooden shields or facing bricks.