Electricity in our days has become the basis of all human civilization in general and the individual little man in particular. Industry, culture, transport, everyday life - everything is based on electricity and confidently crowds out all other types of energy.
However, there is a fair fly in the ointment in this huge barrel of honey - the ever-increasing cost of electricity, which puts an unbearable burden on the consumer. The steady increase in the cost of energy resources, the need to save them, the acute problem of nature conservation have forced mankind to use several methods to reduce energy costs while maintaining efficiency.
One of the ways to reduce costs in the twenty-first century is the widespread use of LEDs as household lamps. Easy to install, easy to use, not harmful to humans and the environment, they displace compact electric energy-saving lamps that aroused interest just yesterday.For example, a 36W LED luminaire is able to work effectively for indoor lighting of industrial and domestic rooms and offices. Aesthetic appearance, stylish design, effective light output - 80 Lm/W. Operating time - thirty thousand hours.
The structure of the lamp consists of a complex of LEDs, which correspond to the total power of a conventional lamp, a control circuit, a metal or plastic housing with a reflector. LED energy lamps used in everyday life are equipped with a conventional E14 or E27 base. Which is convenient for replacing the old conventional incandescent bulbs. The number of LEDs may vary - from one to the whole complex, combined in one chain and connected to the control circuit through an electric power supply. Such a structure, for example, has built-in LED ceiling lights.
Because the LED generates a lot of heat during workload, it must be cooled. Radiators, to which LEDs are attached, do a good job of neutralizing the effect of heat. However, it should be noted that in the area where the LED and the cooling radiator come into contact, a special thermal paste with good heat transfer must be used. Otherwise, with regular overheating of the element in question, its service life is greatly reduced. However, the installation of LED lamps takes into account such disadvantages. Everything is provided in this process.
Due to the many tasks and the difference in configuration, the installation of LED lamps is divided into several types:
- regular linear;
- household ceiling;
- wall sconces;
- high power industrial;
- regular and specialized spotlights;
- underwater version (for various types of reservoirs);
- LED controllers (for creating color dynamics, in particular in discos or concert performances).
Motion sensors can be included in the kit of fixtures to significantly increase the life of the LEDs, which are used only at the time when it is needed. Such equipment functions perfectly in the entrances of houses, extensive corridors of office premises. And also in other places where constant lighting is not necessary.
Ready-made fixtures are sold, which are equipped with radiators designed for existing LEDs. If there are not enough skills for self-installation, you can apply existing solutions and buy, in particular, an LED device for the home - complete LEDs on radiators. They are combined into a building, which can be a decoration of each apartment. Most often, a LED ceiling lamp is created. Installing it, depending on the type of installation work, is quite simple and cheap.
Linear LED luminaires, which are increasingly integrated into the electrical system of residential buildings and industrial buildings, are playing an increasing role in everydaylife. They have become an inseparable part of interior design. These devices are widely used in the installation of various types of ceilings, in the creation of wall designs and some interior elements.
Therefore, the installation of linear LED fixtures is becoming a common mass phenomenon. This attachment stems from the fact that good lighting plays a significant role in creating a comfortable microclimate in every room. Proper lighting is necessary not only in terms of eye comfort, but also to emphasize the specificity and beauty of the style.
LED lighting makes a big difference:
- will hide the flaws of the room, showing its best virtues with the help of a small spot of light;
- support lighting room design;
- will build good lighting for individual books and book rows;
- will provide illumination of the working area in the kitchen;
- will highlight the uniqueness of each exhibition display;
- can shine both inside and outside any industrial premises.
With the help of mounted linear luminaires, it is possible to realize the most original ideas of the designer.
Recessed LED ceiling lights and panels replace all types of luminaires on fluorescent lamps, as well as other types of recessed household lights.
The leading benefits of building lighting with LED ceiling lights and panels will be:
- significant energy savings and therefore lower monthly electricity bills;
- long life (up to fifty thousand hours - it's very, very much in fact);
- no need to constantly replace non-working lamps, as well as legislative prohibitions on a special program for the elimination of LED technology;
- reducing cooling costs during the warm season.
It should be pointed out that ceiling-mounted LED fixtures generally provide better brightness than similar fluorescent fixtures used in offices. By working more efficiently, LED lights will use about one-third less energy.
Finally, it should be noted that the LED equipment does not flicker, which has a positive effect on the activities of workers. This is especially important in winter, when there is too much artificial depressing lighting, and there are very few light hours.
When installing LED lamps in a stretch ceiling, it is necessary to mark the places where the lamps are attached, put the appropriate wire and put a foundation base with a diameter of 65 millimeters.
After that, it is necessary to mount the canvas of the existing stretch ceiling. Thermal rings are glued on the areas where the luminaires are located and holes are made through which cables must be placed to bring the luminaires into working condition.
Thermal ringsare needed not only for physical protection against the spread of the canvas, but also for protection from heat from lamps.
The LED luminaire is mounted from a white aluminum housing, on which there are two fixing metal springs for installing it in a stretch ceiling. The case will also be a heatsink. This makes it possible to cool the supplied LEDs much more efficiently.
The rest of the installation of LED lamps takes place in a standard way.
LED wall mounted lights are not widely used. Most often, the lamp finds a place in the ceiling. However, some specialists who are looking for customers and have a good imagination find interesting ways to use them:
- Integrated into a stone or wood wall, bright stair lighting fixtures are the most well-known type of vertical fixture design. Thus, they often find the option of at least minor lighting so that a person does not fall and is not seriously injured. Lamps in this case are placed in recesses in the steps or raised above the floor surface.
- Extensive, dark corridors hidden from the sun are also very easy to illuminate with built-in LED lamps. From the floor they are placed at a distance of half a meter. Such a corridor will be opened to the light with soft and calm rays.
- Garden small paths separated from the rest of the territory by impenetrable material - in this case, LED lamps are placed as in the corridor, only here we are talking about street lighting.
- Lamps oftenhave only a decorative function. Can be attached to the top or bottom of a stone or metal fence. Such illumination will help a person to calmly reach the door at night. Also, the lamps come to the rescue of night vision cameras, so that devices can easily observe the territory.
Installation of LED lights is simple and easy to use.
LED systems as a source of home light are easy to install, convenient to use, do not adversely affect humans and the environment.
The variety of modern LED luminaires makes it possible to use them in almost any building and even in open space. If you are building or renovating your home, then today the best option is an LED lamp. The installation height of such a system depends on the tasks assigned to the lighting, and the shape and size of the room.
LED lamps have performed well in residential areas. They are remarkably and without any problems mounted on horizontal and vertical surfaces. But if the ceilings in the room where you are going to install LED lighting are a solid concrete slab, then you need to work with surface-mounted or suspended products. Mounting the LED lamp in this case should be carried out directly on the concrete slab, selecting special holes in the housing or other fixtures.
Positive properties allow large-scale installation of outdoor LED lamps. Traditional street lamps are clearly morally and technically obsolete by our time and have become prohibitively expensive to install and operate. And LED lamps have a number of advantages:
- When working outdoors, they are more economical. The LED receives a bright targeted light flux with the smallest amount of electricity. And if such an element is equipped with a sensitive motion detector, then the consumption will be even less. In addition, the operating life of this lamp reaches up to 100 thousand hours.
- Shock-resistant waterproof housing made of anodized special aluminum resists corrosion and harsh environmental conditions. The luminaire can be used in conditions of increased humidity and dust. Great resistance to vibration movements makes it possible to recommend these luminaires for installation near expressways with a significant flow of cars of various types, including heavy ones.
- The luminaire for street lighting is very resistant to temperature changes and is operable within temperatures from -45 to +45 degrees Celsius.
- Reducing power consumption makes it possible to use the smallest cable as these lamps do not generate high inrush currents.
- No delay when switching to the operating mode - the luminous flux is fixed instantly (this is especially necessary where the motion detector is mounted).
- LEDThe lamp is used in lighting not only for highways, but also for ordinary busy areas and so on. These items are universal.
Price of a new thing
Of course, the purchase and installation will require some money. However, the cost of installing an LED lamp will not be very high. The equipment itself will cost several thousand (one lamp - about two to three thousand on average).
Next, there are options. You can independently install the equipment, but this is only if you know at least the elementary rules for working with electrical equipment. Otherwise, it is better to invite specialists. After all, do-it-yourself electrical installation in a building is a responsibility and potential risks. Against this background, paying a small amount for installation is a much better option.
Installation of a pair of LED lamps, tape and other lighting in a small amount will cost one to two thousand rubles. Installation of a stretch ceiling in the bathroom - 6,500 rubles on average (depending on the size of the room and the complexity of the work), and large amounts of work will cost thirty thousand or more (36 thousand rubles per 50 square meters of ceiling).