Hinges are considered the main functional components of any door. They serve as a connecting link for connecting the door leaf to the box. No door can work well and fully without reliable and high-quality hinges. Today we will consider one of their popular types - screw-in.
Screw hinges are characterized by relatively low price, ease of installation and a very long service life. You can install such elements with a minimum number of tools, and even a novice master will cope with their installation.
Screwed hinges consist of a frame part that is directly attached to the door frame, a connecting pin and a leaf part that is installed on the door leaf. Such elements differ in the following ways:
- number of pins.
In addition, screw-in hinges can be either adjustable or non-adjustable. When choosing a specific type, all of the above parameters must be taken into account.
Screw hinges are most often used for installation on interior or wooden doors, and are also suitable for mounting windows made of wood. Their main benefits include:
- ease of installation, since for their installation you will need to take care of having only tools for marking and a drill;
- hinges after installation are hardly noticeable, which makes windows and doors more aesthetic;
- most of them are equipped with adjustment, which allows, if necessary, to hide minor defects that may appear as a result of installation;
- require minimal maintenance.
Installation of screw-in loops will not cause difficulties even for beginners. If there is no experience in installing them, then it is necessary to perform all the work according to the following scheme:
- Fix the door leaf to the floor first to give it stability.
- Then, on the door leaf and frame, mark the places that are intended for the installation of hinges.
- Fix the template on the door leaf.
- After that, use a drill to drill holes for the pins, corresponding in depth to their length.
- Set the hinges in place and securely fix.
- Next, hang them on the frame part.
- If necessary, install decorative caps.
Regardless of experience, door hingesscrew-in must be mounted as diligently and carefully as possible. After work, the hinges should be adjusted. To do this, it is necessary to tighten or loosen the adjusting screws that are located on the hinge body. Adjustment can be made both with a screwdriver and with a specialized key that comes with the hinges.
Screw-in elements are becoming more and more popular and in demand every year. Their installation is quick and easy compared to all other varieties. To install them on the door, you do not need to use a huge number of tools and perform accurate markings.