If you are thinking about finishing the facade of a building, then we suggest that you familiarize yourself with a completely new innovative material called composite panel. This coating appeared relatively recently, but has already gained many fans. Our task is to find out what technical and qualitative characteristics it has.
Composite panel is a kind of building finishing material. It usually consists of several layers. Has the following functionality:
- the building takes on an aesthetic appearance;
- protection from the cold;
- Additional reliability.
She got the name "sandwich". All due to the fact that the panel consists of several layers. Consider each of them separately:
- The top layer, which is on the front side of the panel, is made of decorative color film. It can be varied. The most commonly used coating is PVDF.
- The next layer is a colorless coating, which is made of polyester.
- Aluminum sheet.
- In the middle of the panel is a special mineral fiber. Itcan be of various types.
- The next layer is aluminum sheet again.
- The back side is coated with an anti-corrosion agent.
Such panels are widely used in various fields. For example:
- construction and finishing of residential and office premises, sports complexes, retail space, children's entertainment centers;
- lining of airports, train stations, tunnels, hotels and banks;
- creating an exclusive style;
- cladding of balconies, entrance groups and roof edgings;
- production of billboards and signs, stands and information boards;
- individual interior decoration of architectural structures of various complexity.
If you need high-quality, inexpensive and stylish material, then you can choose composite panels. The photo will show how such building materials look in reality.
Panels have the following positive qualities:
- high insulation and waterproof;
- reinforced sound insulation of walls from street noise;
- if there is a special substance in the panels, they are reliably protected from fire;
- special top layer stays beautiful and well-groomed for a long time;
- they are easy to care for, if necessary, they are well washed with water;
- light weight.
But even with all the positive qualities, there were somecons:
- cannot be used for decoration of special institutions, such as hospitals, schools, kindergartens and many others;
- it is better to decorate the lower part of the wall with a special material that has anti-vandal protection;
- high cost of even the most budget panel.
I would like to talk more about the composition of the panel. There are a large number of analogues, but they all differ in their high cost. Aluminum is used in these composite panels. It is worth talking about why this particular material was chosen:
- This metal does not corrode.
- Light weight makes installation of panels easy.
- Preferably used for finishing buildings that do not have a foundation. Such panels do not load the building.
- Low cost, unlike steel and other metal structures.
The material is able to withstand any kind of processing. These include:
At first glance, the panel is a thin piece of metal. In fact, it is a complex multilayer structure. Its composition can only be supplemented by decorative coatings and internal material, on which heat and noise insulation depends. There are several secrets here:
- If you bought an inexpensive panel, then inexpensive cellular polyethylene fills the entire inner void. This material does not provide anyadditional protection.
- If you bought an expensive panel, then it contains mineral fiber, which protects against the penetration of noise, cold. Such material is considered environmentally friendly for humans.
- Depending on the brand and price category, the top decorative layer is also different. It can be polymer, powder or enamel.
- More expensive samples have a top layer covered with a special film. It helps protect the panels from moisture, sunlight and various other environmental factors.
Facing with composite panels is possible for buildings of any design. Here, too, there are some nuances.
As a rule, such panels are made to order for each individual construction. This is due to the following features:
- The architecture of each building is taken into account.
- Panels are made to the desired shape and size.
- If the building is large, then the order and production of panels should be carried out at the stage of development of the architectural project.
- If your building is not complex, you can order standard panels.
- You can install them yourself without resorting to outside help.
It is worth paying special attention to the question of how the production of composite panels goes. Everything is divided into several stages:
- Mineral fiber is produced on special equipment, which is used to fill the middle of the panel.
- This substance is serveda special conveyor between two layers of aluminum tape, which is treated with an adhesive film.
- Using calenders to form panel thickness.
- The material is completely cooled in a special chamber.
- After that, everything goes to the alignment section, where the panel is transformed into the desired shape.
- The surface is covered with pigment, protective film and sent to the cutting, packaging and transportation workshop.
As we found out, the colors of composite panels can be different. Now let's talk about sizes. They are standard, and can be individual. Let's take a closer look:
- standard sizes include panels with a width of 125 and 150 cm, a length of 320 and 400 cm;
- under the order allowed width up to 150 cm, length from 109 to 800 cm;
- total panel thickness - 4mm;
- thickness of inner aluminum sheets can be from 0.4mm to 0.5mm;
If you have chosen composite panels whose dimensions are not considered standard, then be prepared that their cost will increase several times.
If you decide to choose composite panels for cladding, then you should know about the filler. There are several of them, and each has its own characteristics:
- Polymer fiber. It belongs to the highest hazard class. If it comes to fire, the material will begin to release toxic fumes. Most often, polymer filler is used for the manufacture of billboards and signs.
- Mineral fiber. This is high density polyethylene foam. Refers to slow-burning materials. Most often, these panels are used for finishing facades.
- Aluminum honeycomb fiber. These panels are highly rigid. Instead of the usual filler, thin sliced \u200b\u200bstrips of aluminum are used. They are light in weight, but do not retain noise and heat well.
It is worth talking separately about the exterior finish.
Composite panel comes in different colors. The top layer is also made from various materials. Consider which ones:
- Paint coating. This is an inexpensive representative that has a glossy surface. Withstands all weather conditions. The color stays on for a long time and does not fade.
- Fluorocarbon paintwork. It differs from the previous representative in high resistance to mechanical damage. Resistant to corrosion and fading from constant exposure to sunlight. For such a coating, each manufacturer gives a guarantee for 15-20 years.
- Oxide film. They protect the top sheet no worse than the previous representatives. From above, such a film has a protective layer that keeps the panel intact and protects from the negative effects of the street. Protects the coating from scratches. Can last about 20 years.
- Laminating film. With its help, you can reproduce the real pattern of wood or marble. There is a wide range of colors and textures to choose from. The coating can lastover 20 years.
Installation of composite panels can be carried out at any time of the year. The entire installation process follows the following principle:
- Geodetic survey of the facade of the building. Its data allows you to correctly install the brackets that are attached to the wall with anchor bolts.
- Be sure to install insulation boards that are covered with a film. It protects the walls from wind and moisture. In order to keep everything, fix it with dowels.
- Now that everything is ready, the panels are installed one by one. The seam between the panels must be determined strictly in accordance with the design of the building.
The color and size of the panels will make any building stand out, bright and modern. At the same time, they will protect your building from aging and wear. Finishing with composite panels is easy. You just need to purchase the material of the right size and color, install the mounting system and panels. And now a unique appearance is ready that will fit into any landscape of the city.
Remember that each composite panel has a different internal composition and external coating. Check all details before purchasing from the manufacturers. Not only cost, but also safety will depend on this.