In big cities there is an acute problem with air purity, since it is here that regular emissions of a huge amount of harmful gases from cars and enterprises and the active spread of pathogenic bacteria occur. In places where there is a constant accumulation of a huge number of people, everyone can be a carrier of pathogens. To prevent mass infection, experts have created bactericidal installations for water and air.
Who needs cleaning systems?
Nowadays, disinfection devices have become more and more used not only in medical institutions, but also in any other premises where it is important to minimize the amount of harmful pathogens in the air. Germicidal units are best used by the following people:
- Families with small children. Every parent should prioritize protecting their child from pathogens. If guests often come to the house, then the issue of protection against influenza and ARVI viruses is particularly acute. Yes, and the parents themselves, coming home after a hard day's work, canunconsciously already be a source of dangerous bacteria. So that the fragile immune system of a small person is not damaged by bacteria, it is important to eliminate all pathogens from the air using special bactericidal air installations.
- Public premises. In areas where there is high traffic of people (beauty salons, offices, kindergartens, fitness rooms), the number of disease-carrying microbes can be very high. Responsible organizers, who are attentive to the he alth of their employees and customers in general, are trying by all means to prevent their infection with SARS and other viruses by installing specialized bactericidal disinfection units.
- Cafes, restaurants, clinics. In the institutions described, it is most important to carry out procedures for air disinfection from harmful bacteria, since pathogens present in the atmosphere can easily settle on food and medical instruments, which as a result will become another way of infecting a person. Most often, bactericidal installations are installed in the kitchens of catering establishments and in the offices of medical institutions.
It is important to remember that pets need regular air purification no less than humans, since many dangerous diseases are transmitted by airborne droplets. It is for this reason that veterinary clinics, farms, and pet stores must have properly functioning air sterilizers.
Monitoring the work of bactericidalinstallations
Most often, in order to clean indoor air, a chemical method of exposure (special solutions, bleach) or traditional means (strong s alt solution, tea tree oil, etc.) is used. But in addition to the means described, there are more effective devices - irradiators and other devices, the principle of operation of which is aimed at completely cleaning the air from pathogens. Germicidal installations are easy to use and are increasingly being purchased for the premises described earlier. But it is important to remember that some devices have their own disadvantages, which are important to pay attention to before buying.
S alt lamp
A simple-to-design device that includes a block of s alt and incandescent lamps. The air in the room where this type of device is used is filled with negatively charged ions, which neutralizes the effects of electrical installations that emit positively charged ions into the atmosphere.
Besides this, the s alt lamp, although not completely, but helps to eliminate harmful pathogens and fungi from the air in the room, and also, with the right selection, will become the subject of design. Installing a germicidal lamp is quite simple and does not require the help of a wizard.
Using a humidifier
The most common humidifier model is a device in which liquid is poured into the tank, which then goes to humidifying cartridges. Through them, by means of a mounted fan, air is distilled, which leads to its humidification and purification from dust and pathogenic bacteria. Modern manufacturersalso supply ultrasonic humidifiers to the market.
Such devices crush water into small particles in order to release the formed water cloud afterward. Many air humidification systems have special ionizers in their design, which, as in the case of a s alt lamp, additionally disinfect the air.
UV bactericidal units have been actively used in medicine for a long time to purify the air in treatment rooms and operating rooms.
Open type lamps have a source of hard ultraviolet radiation, which remains uncovered. With such a device, the disinfection of the surrounding air is very fast. However, at the time of operation of the device, people and animals should not be in the room, since the activated open-type quartz lamp poses a he alth hazard.
Ultraviolet bactericidal installation of a closed type (bactericidal recirculators) are those devices that do not irradiate the air directly. The lamp is built into the device itself and is covered by a casing. The device draws in air from outside and releases it back in a purified state. During the operation of the bactericidal installation, a person is allowed to be in the room, because harmful radiation remains inside the structure. The air purification process is not as fast as in the case of an open lamp, but it ensures high safety.
How to choose an air disinfection device?
Many consumers purchase closed-type disinfection lamps for their needs. Such devices help to eliminate about 90 percent of germs from the air, unlike air purifiers, which only help get rid of large particles (dust and hair).
If there are allergies in the family, then experts advise using an air purifier with a HEPA filter in combination with disinfectants, because it is this device that rids the room of allergens (particles of dust and wool). An ultraviolet lamp will not be able to cope with such a task, it can only eliminate viruses and bacteria from the air.
Even if it is absolutely clear that the air in the room is infected (for example, at this moment someone in the house is sick with the flu or a cold), the risk of infecting other family members will still be minimal. It is also considered a significant advantage that the operation of bactericidal installations can be constant, regardless of the presence of people or animals in the room. An air disinfection device will not harm your he alth and will do its job well.
In high traffic areas of people, especially children, an air purifier with disinfection function is indispensable. With its regular operation during the working day, the air will be completely cleared of pathogens. Even if a kid in a kindergarten or an office employee gets sick with SARS, people around are unlikely to get infected, evenwith problems with the immune system. According to scientific data, it was found that the described devices significantly reduce the number of cases of infection of children in kindergartens and employees of enterprises.
How to make the right choice?
The correct use of the germicidal device will depend mainly on its choice.
UV disinfectants for different rooms and purposes are selected individually, and should be based on the following parameters:
- Bactericidal efficiency of recirculators. The instructions for the device should describe in detail how many bacteria it can cope with in a room of a particular area, with how many people and for what period of time. For a parameter, this figure should be up to 90-99 percent.
- Dependence on the type of accommodation in the room. There are bactericidal installations for wall, floor and mobile placement.
- Weight and size of the device.
- Lamp life is usually 8,000 hours. Manufacturers create devices with a built-in lamp operation counter so that the user can navigate in time and determine when to replace.
- The price of the device.
Use according to room
If the decontaminator will be used in a house or apartment, then it is recommended to choose small models, even if their performance indicator is lower compared to other devices (only enough for normal cleaning of the room20-50 cubic meters/h). In residential buildings, as a rule, there are few people and the area of \u200b\u200bthe premises is small.
If the family has children or pets, then experts recommend choosing a wall-mounted recirculator - so that they do not accidentally dump the device out of curiosity. Mobile units are best used by those who want to disinfect the air in those rooms where they are located. It is best to choose devices that have a special timer for counting the hours of lamp operation, since it is unlikely that the user will want to schedule its activation, as is done in the same hospitals.
Using bactericidal installations in offices and public places, as a rule, is more intensive, because there are a large number of people here. Therefore, the recirculator, if installed there, functions throughout the day.
It is recommended to buy a device with a long service life, high efficiency and power of germicidal lamps. To save money, you should buy recirculators from the manufacturer - at an affordable price you can buy a device with good performance, which is suitable even for office work.
In rooms where medical care is provided, in beauty salons, fitness rooms, veterinary clinics, as well as in places of public catering, it is important to carry out especially thorough air disinfection - devices with a capacity of up to 100 m will have to be installed here 3/h and with the ability to get rid of 99 percent of harmful bacteria even witha huge crowd of people.
In public places, registration and control of a bactericidal installation at the state level is very important.
What are photocatalytic devices good for?
Photocalytic devices provide fight against:
- pathogenic bacteria and viruses;
- eliminate tobacco smoke;
- bad smell;
- exhaust gases;
- allergens of various origins;
- ammonia, phenols, hydrogen sulfide and carbon monoxide.
Photocatalytic type air disinfectants must have all documents and comply with all requirements established by the security system. Most often, such devices are installed in classrooms, auditoriums, offices, hospitals. It is important to remember that the photocatalytic irradiator is medical, therefore only those models that are included in the State Register of Medical Equipment Products are allowed to be used.