If you want to build a safe, warm and secure home, don't forget to install a sandwich pipe. It is a two- or three-circuit chimney, which combines the centuries-old experience of builders, modern technology and ingenuity with not quite standard solutions. This design has a lot of advantages, including the presence of insulation and compliance with the standards for the arrangement of furnaces of various modifications. Consider the ways of arranging this design, security measures and the use of these elements.
Proper installation of a sandwich pipe depends on the correct preparation of project documentation. Only with well-thought-out diagrams and drawings can it be possible to comply with all standards, including fire safety. This will prevent subsequent modifications or alterations during the construction of a bathhouse or a residential building. Equipping finished buildings with such a design requires accurate calculations. This is especially important when making the chimney on your own, since the assembly quality of the fixturewill depend on the comfort and safety of living in the house.
Installation of the sandwich pipe
Installation of the chimney of the specified type is carried out after appropriate measurements. In private residential buildings, this design is in demand due to its safety and ease of operation. Before starting installation, study the features of the product itself, which is a pair of pipes of different diameters inserted one into the other. In this case, the space between the elements remains open or is filled with non-combustible type insulation. Such a device has a high attachment speed, low weight of the entire system, extreme smoothness of the internal parts, excellent traction and low soot formation.
An important recommendation - you should not install a chimney without the appropriate knowledge and skills. Together with the kit, there is an instruction that indicates the basic tips for installing a sandwich pipe with schematic and textual explanations. You can find some of them in this article.
Output through floors
In the case of a complex design, it is necessary to consider in detail the installation of the sandwich chimney. Installation of a chimney from sandwich pipes is best done in consultation with a specialist. This is necessary to confirm the reliability and practicality of the design used. Regardless of the configuration of the chimney, it is one of the most dangerous sources of fire. In this regard, the arrangement of the device, especially in a residential building, should not be accompanied by a negligent and unprofessional attitude.
In order to ensure the correctinstallation of a sandwich pipe on the roof through interfloor ceilings, you should purchase a special block for the construction of a ceiling passage unit. Its dimensions must match the dimensions of the device being installed. Such manufacturing allows you to place the unit as close as possible to the contact surfaces.
- high parameters and the possibility of lining the system with heat-insulating material;
- it is best to use stone wool as an insulator that can withstand high temperatures;
- when buying, pay attention to the thermal index, which must be at least 800 degrees Celsius.
If the current rules for the installation of a sandwich pipe are observed, the installation of a chimney from a sandwich pipe must be carried out at a distance of at least 380 millimeters between the inside and the wooden covering. In this case, the box must be filled with special material.
It happens that the distance between the rafters makes it impossible to comply with the specified parameters. In this situation, the opening is increased with the help of additional bars. Experts recommend using galvanized sheets or asbestos analogues with a thickness of five millimeters or more as protection for wooden logs and battens. Galvanization is attractive in that it prevents the spread of fire and evenly dissipates heat, preventing it from concentrating locally in one place. In addition, such sheets shield and reflect radiation coming from the main pipe. These points are the mainthe advantage of installing a sandwich pipe. Installation of a single version is carried out at a distance of at least 500 mm.
The higher the temperature of the exhaust gases, the more actively the chimney heats up, including all the structural details used in its arrangement. In this regard, it is important to take care of the reliable protection of the passage elements. This is not as simple as it might seem at first glance. You will understand this with a few examples below.
Ordinary wood without special impregnation begins to char at 200 degrees Celsius. A dry tree can catch fire at 200 ° C. If the impact on wooden structures occurs for a long time, a temperature of 170 ° C is considered dangerous. It is the latter factor that often causes fires, even if a high quality sandwich pipe is installed.
Experts advise to make an overlap of sufficient thickness so that the heat flow from the pipe to the walls and wooden parts practically does not reach. It is worth noting that the wood itself is able to accumulate heat, over time it perceives it worse. In a few hours, the insulation will not warm up to a critical level, however, stove workers assure that as a result of the heating season, materials are able to accumulate heat with a subsequent change in the chemical composition of the components.
When installing sandwich pipes on the roof, remember that prolonged and constant heating of wood contributes to itsignition already at 130 degrees Celsius. Remember that on the outside of the chimney, this figure can reach 200 ° C. What can this lead to? For example, the owners stoked a stove or fireplace for many seasons without any problems, and once they overexposed it in an active state for a couple of hours more (it was a particularly frosty winter day or another need). As a result, a critical temperature was added to the wood dried over the years, which causes a fire.
Be careful if mineral wool is used as thermal insulation. From thermal exposure, the material changes its parameters and can become more thermally conductive. This does not mean that the wool will definitely catch fire, however, the outer contour of the chimney in a certain place will be hotter than the design indicator. Often this point is forgotten to take into account, which subsequently leads to problems. Experienced experts recommend not building too dense thermal insulation, since natural air circulation is necessary.
Other mistakes made
Quite often, when installing sandwich pipes through the roof, users fail to maintain the required distance between the rafters. It is worth emphasizing that the void in the ceiling node is also not recommended when arranging a chimney.
It must be taken into account that the insulating material settles over time, which provokes the insecurity of the joint of the mating wall ceilings. If this place burns out, it is almost impossible to extinguish the flame that has arisen in it. If it is planned to install a water tank on the chimney,the installation diagram will look like the photo below.
If the equipment cannot be placed directly under the chimney of a sandwich pipe, assembly, installation and installation of the "sandwich" is carried out using a special tee.
Arrangement through the walls of a dwelling or bathhouse
Modern technologies provide for two ways of mounting this structure: indoors or outdoors. It is not uncommon to see chimneys that are arranged outwards directly through the wall, with the subsequent direction upwards. There is a reasonable “grain” in this, since such a pipe cools down faster, does not pass through the ceiling, which could provoke a fire. Despite the fact that the installation of chimney sandwich pipes through the attic allows you to get an additional source of heat, the likelihood of fire in this case increases significantly.
No matter how surprising it may seem, the external stainless steel circuit practically does not differ in temperature from a single-circuit counterpart. In reality, such chimneys are designed to increase the traction moment; at the outlet, the exhaust gases heat up to 800 degrees Celsius. The outside temperature reaches 300°C, which cannot be safe in terms of fire standards.
Step by step instructions for installing a sandwich chimney
Installation of the "sandwich pipe" chimney through the wall is carried out according to the following scheme:
- At the beginning of work, a horizontal billet is calculated in terms of length and diameter. At the same time, it is necessary to take into account the arrangementspecial tee. Also, in the calculations, the slope of the roof is noted so that the pipe does not end up at a critically small distance to the cornice.
- A box inserted into a wall partition is filled with non-combustible components of bas alt origin.
- Close the passage with a lid so that a layer of cardboard is visible.
- At the edges, the cover is masked with a platband, which is present in the decoration of the facade of the house (siding, plastic, etc.).
- The edging is treated with roofing sealant without color;
- A revision branch is placed on the outlet of the chimney.
- Installation of a sandwich chimney with a brick pipe is carried out using special brackets every 1.5-2 meters.
- After installation, check the verticality of the structure using the building level.
- The seam should be turned to the front of the house. It must be protected as much as possible from possible fire. You will see an example in the photo below.
The nuances of organizing the system through the roof and eaves
The correct installation of a sandwich pipe through the roof is to follow the same rules that are used when arranging the structure through the ceiling. Warranty distances to wooden components must be observed, avoiding mistakes that could cause a fire.
The chimney through the roof cools down an order of magnitude faster than the built-in counterpart. However, many users believe that in this configuration it is possible to reduce the distanceto the rafters due to the ventilated space. This is not entirely true, since in order to insulate the structure, it will still be necessary to comply with the verified distances and standards characteristic of interfloor floors.
To perform the installation of a sandwich-tube furnace, it is necessary to make a special roof cut. Such a device can be ordered from the craftsmen, or mounted by placing the edges under the "horse" of the roof at a sufficient distance.
Mounting Guide Using Modern Materials
If installing a sandwich chimney on an ondulin roof, the installation of a chimney pipe requires certain rules to be observed, including taking into account the possibility of smoldering and ignition of the paint components with which the material is processed.
Proper installation is carried out in compliance with the following steps:
- First, a “nest” is cut out of a sheet of corrugated board for future construction. Its size will be 300 mm in height and 100 mm below the intended location of the pipe.
- For the chimney, galvanized roofing is made, which is mounted from the bottom. Ondulin it should go at least 150 mm.
- The top sheet of corrugated board is removed, the top of the cutting is laid, its side branches are covered by 200 mm.
- Fix the removed sheet in its place.
- Cover and seal seams to avoid potential leaks.
- Insulate by lining the pipe with non-combustible materials, which are fastened with annealed wire.
- Think over the chimneygalvanized umbrella cover.
- Re-treat problem areas with a heated or self-adhesive type sealant.
- If a sandwich pipe is installed on a bathhouse or a house with a metal roof, the chimney can be fixed by means of bent trimmings from which the roof is assembled.
- At the final stage, the operation of the entire system is checked.
Unlike the brick sandwich pipe, the installation of enamel pipes involves the use of high-quality carbon steel. The protective coating is applied by a double-sided layer, the thickness of which cannot be less than 0.3 mm. To do this, the workpiece is dipped in a special solution.
Enamelled chimneys, properly prepared for operation, have a number of advantages, namely:
- can withstand temperatures up to 900 degrees Celsius;
- have strong corrosion protection;
- resistant to thermal fluctuations;
- outer and inner surfaces are as smooth as possible, which guarantees good protection against soot, which practically does not accumulate;
- The black color of the coating fits perfectly into the interior and exterior of any premises.
Enamelled modern pipes can operate at temperatures up to 450 degrees, and in short-term operation they are not afraid of indicators up to 1160 °C. Experts recommend equipping the structures in question, coupled with modern heating equipment focused on similar thermalindicators. For baths, high-strength steel and cast-iron chimneys are better suited.
Modular and double wall variations
To make it easier to adapt enameled modifications to buildings of any height and configuration, they are produced in modular versions that allow you to combine the number and size of elements.
- simple and modular "sandwiches", consisting of a pair of segments with a heater placed between them;
- additional components including plugs, tees, reducers, adapters and umbrella caps;
- fixing brackets used to secure and support the product;
- roof and ceiling protective covers and shields to protect against possible fire and mechanical deformation.
It is worth noting that the development of sandwich chimneys is due to the need to increase the parameters of materials in terms of heat preservation and fire safety. The structures provide special outlets called sockets. According to this principle, not only modular options are assembled, but also single pipes.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the objective advantages of the considered design, the following points are noted:
- small mass;
- can be combined with most heating appliances;
- minimizing condensation;
- aesthetic appearance;
- compact dimensions;
- universality displayed ininstallation, both indoors and outdoors;
- minor clogging of working parts with soot;
- corrosion resistance;
- constructiveness that allows you to make a chimney with curved elements;
- fire safety;
- no additional base needed.
The disadvantages include a rather high price and the possibility of depressurization. To prevent the second problem, it is necessary to check the insulation layer and the integrity of the elements. It is especially important to do this after long-term operation, as expansion or contraction of the modules due to temperature changes is possible.
Operation and maintenance
Installing a sandwich pipe in a brick oven does not guarantee complete elimination of the accumulation of soot particles. Even a slight soot contributes to a decrease in the usable area of \u200b\u200bthe working space, which provokes a decrease in traction and ignition of residues. Experts advise cleaning the chimney at the beginning and end of the season. One of the most effective prevention methods is considered to be a “glass”, when the entire lower part of the structure is dismantled, after which it is cleaned.
Self-assembly of the device is definitely more economical financially, but requires strict adherence to all necessary rules and regulations. If you are not sure about this, it is better to turn to professionals. The average price of paying for the arrangement of one meter of a sandwich chimney is about 1.7 thousand rubles. The cost varies depending on the method of installation,number of storeys of the building and additional inclusions. In any case, when installing the structure in question with your own hands, take the process with all responsibility. After all, you and your loved ones will live in the house, whose safety is above all.