Most people strive to keep their home clean. However, even regular cleaning does not save you from various problems. For example, you may need an effective remedy for black mold. Water and ordinary soap are powerless against this enemy. But this does not mean that you need to put up with his appearance.
Reasons for appearance
It is necessary to start the fight not with the search for an effective remedy for black mold. First you need to establish the factors that lead to the formation of the fungus.
- High humidity. It is she who is considered the main condition for the formation and reproduction of mold. In a room that contains many attributes associated with water, high humidity is inevitable. That is why the fungus most often appears in the bathroom.
- Lack of sunlight. In most urban apartments, bathrooms do not have window openings. As a result, there is no natural light in the room. No ultravioletprevents the spread of fungus. This is also true for other rooms where there are no windows.
- Warm. Constant circulation of hot water, a working heated towel rail and other factors provide a warm microclimate that is favorable for mold.
- Presence of gaps. For example, in the bathroom there are enough gaps where liquid accumulates. Basically, the fungus forms under the bathroom, at the joints between tiles, under plastic panels, behind the washing machine. But it can be localized in other places. Other rooms are also not insured.
- Air stagnation. This is due to the poor condition of the ventilation system and the lack of windows.
Vinegar is an effective remedy for black mold
Detecting a fungus is not a reason to run to the store for expensive compounds or make repairs. You can try to fix the problem with improvised means. The bite is a proven cure for black mold.
- Table vinegar should be poured into a spray bottle. The amount depends on the area affected by the fungus.
- Next, spray the affected areas liberally. Then you need to wait about an hour for the liquid to dry.
- After that, you need to remove the remnants of the mold. To do this, it is convenient to use a dry stiff brush. However, an ordinary rag will do.
Mold accumulated between the edge and the tile? Sprinkle the affected area generously with soda, and then pour with vinegar. This method is suitable for any horizontal surfaces.
Hydrogen peroxide is another effective remedy for black mold in the bathroom. The main thing is to do everything right.
- First you need to apply hydrogen peroxide to the affected areas. If we are talking about a horizontal surface, the product can simply be poured. Vertical planes can be treated with a cloth moistened with plenty of solution.
- Next, you should wait an hour and a half. During this time, surfaces should dry completely.
- Then it is necessary to treat problem areas with a dry cloth or brush.
We must not forget that hydrogen peroxide has bleaching properties. It is best not to use this cleaner on color panels.
Ammonia is another affordable remedy for black mold. You need to act as follows.
- It is necessary to mix water and ammonia in equal proportions. The resulting composition should be poured into a container with a spray gun.
- Further, a thorough treatment of problem areas is carried out. After its implementation, you need to wait about two hours.
- After the specified time, the ammonia is thoroughly washed off. Treated surfaces must be wiped dry.
Does the surface seem clean? Unfortunately, this does not mean that the problem is completely solved. Affected areas should be treated with ammonia for a month. To achieve the result, it is recommended to carry out this procedure every three to four days.
Folk remedies for black moldtested by many generations. For example, in every house there is soda.
- A tablespoon of the product should be dissolved in 250 ml of water.
- The affected area should be treated with a cloth or sponge soaked in the solution. You can also spray it with a spray bottle.
- After drying, the solution should be washed off. Next, the treated areas are wiped dry.
Soda can also be used to get rid of the unpleasant smell that mold emits. You need to put an open pack of the product in the room that needs to be cleaned. It is also recommended to add two tablespoons of soda to water intended for washing floors and tiles.
Furacilin provides good results not only in the fight against fungus. It is also considered an effective tool for preventing its occurrence.
- First, grind 20 tablets of the product into powder.
- Then you need to fill the spray bottle with warm water. The resulting powder is added to it.
- The bottle must be twisted, after which you can start shaking. This continues until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Followed by the treatment of moldy surfaces. The black mold remedy should be kept on the affected areas for about 30-40 minutes.
- Final stage - wiping problem areas with a dry cloth.
It is advisable to repeat this treatment at least once a month.
Boric acid can also be used to solve the problem. How to do it right?
- Approximately 500 g of product should be dissolved in 10 liters of water.
- To increase efficiency, add 500 g of borax powder and two tablespoons of vinegar. But the use of the solution in undiluted form is also allowed.
- You can use a sprayer or sponge to treat affected surfaces. Then you should wait approximately two to three hours.
- Further, the product is washed off with water, and the treated areas are wiped dry.
The procedure described above is repeated a week later. Then it is enough to do it monthly.
What is the cure for black mold on tiled walls? In such a situation, it is worth resorting to tea tree ether, which has proven itself well.
- You need to take water (about two glasses), add a tablespoon of the product.
- Then the liquid is poured into the spray bottle. Shake the container well.
- Sprinkle the affected tile with the solution. It is recommended to leave the product on the walls all night.
- In the morning, the solution is removed from the treated surface with a dry cloth.
We must not forget that tea tree ether belongs to the category of powerful allergens. You should not start processing tiles without making sure that none of the family members can experience an allergic reaction.
What can you advise to those who are determined to remove the fungus that has accumulated in the seams between the tiles? What is the best remedy for black mold in this case? How to process correctly?
- First you need to determine the place where the fungus is localized. You can make notes for yourself using a bright marker.
- The darkened grout must be removed. This can be done with a metal brush or sandpaper. Be sure to remove the coating around the fungal stains. Fungal spores can persist even in visually clean grout.
- After that, it is necessary to apply whiteness to the cleaned areas. You can kill the remnants of the fungus by heating. To do this, it is convenient to use a soldering iron, an ordinary hair dryer will do.
- Next, prepare the grout mixture. It is carefully applied to surfaces treated with whiteness. After the composition dries, you need to remove the excess with a sponge.
What needs to be done in order to deprive the mold of access to problem areas? The space between the tiles should be covered with a clear varnish.
How to choose a remedy for black mold in the bathroom and other rooms if it accumulates on the ceiling? Obviously, this surface is inconvenient to process. To combat the fungus, it is recommended to purchase an antiseptic impregnation at a hardware store. So, what is the sequence of actions?
- You need to carefully study the ceiling to find all the areas captured by mold. These areas should be marked with a marker orpencil.
- Next, the finish is removed from the affected surface. Be sure to also remove the tile if mold has accumulated under it.
- Then the ceiling should be treated with water from a spray bottle. This will prevent fungal spores from spreading in the air.
- After that, you need to spray an antiseptic. It is necessary to cover not only the areas marked with markers, but also the zones located next to them.
- Make it dry. Then the antiseptic treatment is repeated.
- Next, you need to clean the affected surface with a wire brush. After that, antiseptic treatment is performed again.
- At the final stage, you need to putty the ceiling and carry out the necessary finishing work.
What preventive measures are in place
What needs to be done in order to not need a remedy for black mold in the apartment? What action can be taken?
- Regular cleaning. From time to time, fungicides can be used to kill the fungus in its infancy.
- Proper repair. It should begin with the treatment of areas with antiseptic agents. It is also advisable to give preference to materials that include antifungal components.
- Refusal to dry clothes in the apartment. It is best to do this on the balcony. It is also allowed to dry clothes in well-ventilated rooms.
- Normal air circulation. First of all, the installation of a high-quality ventilation system will bring benefits. It is also necessaryventilate rooms regularly. It is recommended to keep the bathroom door open at all times.
What else can you do? Be sure to keep the plumbing in good condition. A potential source of high humidity is leaking faucets. Pipes should also be cleaned regularly. Condensation formed on them must be removed immediately with a dry cloth.