Mold most often appears in private homes. Violation of building codes (many masonry walls themselves), poor ventilation - all this contributes to the appearance and development of mold. Getting rid of it can be very difficult. But urban dwellers are not immune from such misfortune. Today we will talk about the temperature at which mold dies.
It appears at a certain temperature and humidity. Slow or no airflow encourages mold growth and development. Spots of green, black, gray or yellow sometimes creep along the tile or walls. But this does not affect the survivability of this fungus.
Sometimes it is difficult to understand how he gets into the house. In fact, there is nothing complicated. Mold reproduces with tiny spores thatmove through the air and can easily get from neighbors or from the street. They settle on wet surfaces, growing into them with thin threads. They cannot be seen in the air. And black plaque is already a cluster of colonies, which is quite difficult to fight.
Alas, these fungi are fantastically tenacious. Therefore, an attempt to simply wash the walls will not succeed. And even knowing at what temperature the mold dies, you are unlikely to be able to achieve complete success. If the wall is affected by the fungus, then only the top layer will be affected. And under the plaster, a living mycelium will remain. Therefore, it is necessary to remove the top layer of facing plaster, and then carry out processing. Let's look at the main recommendations on how to deal with this or that type of mold.
Most often this variety settles on food. Its name is trichoderma, and it is somewhat similar to the one from which penicillin is made. This fungus grows very quickly both outside and inside the product. If the bread, biscuits or finished dish is affected by mold, then it should be thrown away immediately. This is true even if the spots are seen only in a small area. The threads themselves that cause it to grow can cause poisoning. Removing the film from the surface will not protect you.
Sometimes it is a pity to throw away such a valuable product. In this case, you need to remember at what temperature mold dies on products. This happens at 120 degrees, while the processing shouldlast at least 20 minutes. But there is another side to this. You never know what kind of fungus is in a given jar of jam. Many of them are toxic. During heat treatment, the spores themselves will die, but the aflatoxin poison will remain. For the same reason, sour cream and other dairy products affected by the fungus are thrown away.
It is this species that can be found on the inner or back walls of lockers, in basements where pickles are stored. She often appears in the bathroom. Sometimes housewives try to mechanically remove it. It's not the best way out. If the mold is disturbed a little, then it begins to actively throw spores into the air. They are very toxic. Constant intoxication can lead to diseases such as bronchitis.
Knowing the temperature at which mold dies, we can assume that simply rinsing the surface with boiling water is not enough. An industrial hair dryer is required, with which you need to warm up the wall. Or you will have to resort to the help of chemicals.
How to fight
Everyone needs to know about this problem. Mold is pretty tricky. Even with expensive repairs, you will not protect yourself. After a while, new dark spots will begin to creep out from under the tile. No matter what temperature mold dies at, you won't always be able to use the heat treatment method.
The optimal conditions for her are a temperature of +20 ° C and high humidityair. The fungus is very afraid of drafts and ventilation - take this into service. The main thing is to provide good ventilation and reduce air humidity by all available means.
Again about heat treatment
There are enough misconceptions about this. Someone thinks that the usual rinsing with boiling water is enough and the problem is solved. But it's not. Even knowing at what temperature mold spores die, one must take into account the different types and the possibility of covering a large area. Spores settle on all possible surfaces, making handling extremely difficult.
Mesophilic spores die at 120°C, and the boiling point is 100°C. Therefore, even washing in the dishwasher becomes inefficient. Only if you raise the temperature of the water in it to 80 degrees and increase the duration of the process to an hour.
Like any disease, the appearance of a fungus is easier to prevent than to treat. If the temperature in the room is always maintained at a temperature not exceeding +18 ° C, dry and regularly ventilated, then you will not have to think at what temperature the mold fungus dies. Accidentally caught spores will simply die, as they do not have enough strength to germinate without sufficient moisture.
To secure the house even at the construction stage, all materials are impregnated with special preparations. If this is not done, then almost any material, be it brick, wood, carpet, laminate, concrete, will gradually grow into spores of the fungus. Especially if conditionscontribute to this.
Basement walls are best treated with copper sulphate. The walls of a damp living space are best whitewashed with lime. This is a preventive measure. If possible, the basement should be dried. To do this, open a door or hatch on a sunny day. A heat gun is installed inside. Knowing at what temperature the mold on the wall dies, it is easy to understand that it is necessary to warm up thoroughly and for quite a long time. It is difficult to heat the air above 100 ° C, but drying the room for several hours a day, for a week, you can forget about such a problem forever.
When installing furniture in a damp room, it is not recommended to place it close to the wall. The gap provides air circulation and the possibility of additional processing. Books and natural fabrics cannot be stored here, otherwise they will become breeding grounds for disputes. The affected book will have to be burned, the pages will not be saved.
Option for all occasions
It is not always possible to carry out heat treatment when it comes to a room with interior decoration. It is difficult to say exactly at what temperature mold dies in a room. With a high degree of probability, you can call the figure 60 ° C. But you can only support it in the bath. Therefore, walls and floors are treated with a solution of copper sulfate (100-400 g per 10 liters of water). However, good ventilation and moderate humidity levels work best. If the building is built in compliance with all norms and rules, then this is enough. If moldafter all, it appeared, so it's time to give her a decent welcome.