Ventilation unit is a reinforced concrete structure, which is widely used in the construction of residential and public buildings. By installing ventilation units, it becomes possible to organize simple and effective ventilation of kitchens, bathrooms, and other utility rooms.
Individual ventilation units differ in both physical characteristics and dimensions. The necessary parameters of ventilation units are determined in each specific case by their purpose.
Standard height of individual material types can vary from 2500mm to 3500mm. The strength parameters of ventilation units depend on the materials used in their production.
Materials and manufacturing methods
Currently, ventilation blocks of several basic types are produced: concrete, reinforced concrete, expanded clay concrete. These types of materials differ in the following qualities and manufacturing methods:
- Concrete products are produced by vibration pressing from concrete mixtures, where as the main componentsand is used. As a result of the addition of a number of special additives, such blocks acquire increased strength.
- Reinforced concrete ventilation blocks are made by pouring metal reinforcement with heavy concrete mix. Inside such products there are several auxiliary and one main exhaust channel.
- The main difference between expanded clay concrete blocks from products of previous types is the use of a lightweight concrete base containing expanded clay. Due to the high level of mechanical resistance and universal characteristics, such blocks are implemented not only when creating natural ventilation in the walls of buildings, but also used as fencing for communication wires.
The ventilation unit can be used to perform a variety of tasks in construction and repair. This is facilitated by the presence of various types of material, which differ in size, shape, strength indicators.
There are quite convenient prefabricated ventilation units, specially designed for installation in rooms for a specific purpose. For example, for the arrangement of an insulated or uninsulated attic space, several modifications of prefabricated ventilation units can be used. The choice of such materials in each case depends on the existing tasks and working conditions.
For the construction of buildings in seismically active regions, it is advisable to use a ventilation unit with a structure reinforcedreliable fittings, other reinforcing elements. At the same time, it is allowed to use ventilation units in buildings, the number of storeys of which does not exceed 25 floors.
If you have to provide natural ventilation when building a private house, designed according to the original, non-standard plan, then it is quite possible to manufacture specific ventilation units with special parameters to order.
To simplify the choice of ventilation units, products with different characteristics are assigned their own, special marking. Ventilation blocks are marked according to simplified schemes.
The designation "WB" in the name of the product indicates the rounded indicator of the height of the floor in decimeters. You can understand the features of such marking using the following example:
- VB-40 is a block designed for arranging ventilation in a building where the floor height is about 40 dm.
- VB-30 - ventilation unit, which provides for use indoors with a floor height of not more than 30 dm.
Digital indices in the marking of various types of ventilation units are added if it is necessary to use additional embedded elements, which are intended to create supports for floors.
The presence of special markings on ventilation units can inform both the size of products and their narrow purpose. In some cases, a marking is added to this, which indicates the type of concrete that was used whenproduction, the resistance of manufacturing materials to natural influences and aggressive environments.
Regardless of the type and method of application, the ventilation unit has the following advantages:
- the ability to quickly organize natural ventilation;
- an increased level of strength and reliability of the structure;
- resistance to environmental influences and mechanical damage;
- presence of refractory and frost-resistant qualities;
- protection against the development of decay processes, the formation of fungi, mold.