The installation of the pumping station in the country should be carried out according to all the rules, otherwise it will not be able to function normally. There are a large number of types of connection schemes, the choice depends on many factors: the number of people living in the house, the number and type of household appliances that need to be connected to the water supply, the presence of a garden, a kitchen garden. All these factors must be analyzed and only after that you can start connecting the station.
What is a pumping station
This is a set of technical means and equipment that is designed to supply and transport water through pipes. The source is usually a well or well. Installation of a pumping station in a private household or in a summer cottage allows you to provide the necessary amount of water, both for everyday use and for watering the garden andvegetable garden.
Varieties of stations
On the market you can find a large number of devices of various types and modifications. For this reason, it is necessary to know how to choose the right device in order to solve certain problems. Of course, you need to know what schemes pumping stations are connected to and how. Only in this case, all elements of the equipment will work with the maximum possible efficiency.
Stations, when compared with simple pumps, have a much higher resource. The reason is a more gentle mode of operation. After all, the stations do not work constantly, but only when the pressure drops.
In order to understand how such installations function, it is first necessary to understand what elements they consist of. This is usually:
- Pump that allows you to pump out water. As a rule, stations are equipped with surface pumps.
- A hydraulic accumulator is a container in the inside of which a membrane is installed to separate the liquid and air environments.
- The control unit allows you to ensure the normal functioning of the station in automatic mode. It turns the pump off and on when a certain pressure inside the accumulator is reached.
- Instruments, in particular a manometer, which allows you to control the pressure inside the system.
Depending on the specificmodifications, the list of control devices may differ. The above lists only the main components of any system.
Assignment of stations
Sewage pumping stations are being installed in many private houses. It is known from the manufacturers of such devices that they are not afraid of large mechanical particles and are designed to get rid of drains. But in this article we will talk about stations for water supply, not sewage.
All types can be divided into two subgroups:
Production facilities are usually equipped first. They are designed to pump large amounts of liquid. Installation of this type of station should only be carried out by professionals. Be sure to adjust the pumping system.
If the equipment is planned to be used exclusively for domestic purposes, then it can be installed independently. As a rule, in this case, the station allows you to provide a country house or cottage with the necessary amount of water for life, the normal operation of the washing machine and dishwasher, heating systems, irrigation and other needs.
Classification by source type and mode of operation
Pumping stations can be connected to absolutely any water source. But the installation scheme depends on which one is connected specifically. As for the operating mode, it can be manual or automatic. By the way, on sale you can findboth stationary and mobile models.
When choosing a station according to the type of operation, be sure to consider how much liquid it will have to pump in a certain time. When calculating, you need to use average data: one person consumes about 250 liters of water per day. But such an amount is needed if you want to calculate the station for a private house. If you choose to give, then it is enough to reduce the figure to 200 liters when calculating.
Installation of the system in the basement
Installation of a pumping station in a private house must be carried out either in the basement or in a separate building. It is best, of course, to install the system in the basement. In this case, you can create all the necessary conditions for it there. It is imperative that the pumping station is located at a level that does not allow it to suffer if groundwater suddenly rises.
It is also necessary to ensure that the system installed in the basement does not come into contact with the walls, otherwise this will cause them to vibrate. It should also be noted that the room in which the pumping station is installed must be heated. This will protect all equipment from freezing in winter.
Installation of the station in the caisson
You can use a caisson. In this case, it must also be insulated, and the station mustbe below the surface of the earth. The depth should be such that the soil does not freeze through, that is, at least 2 m.
If the water source is at a depth of no more than 10 m, one-pipe models can be used. If the depth of water sources is from 10 to 20 m, it is best to use two-pipe stations. They have ejectors. Before equipping water sources with such equipment, develop a diagram to facilitate the installation of a pumping station. The pump must provide optimal pressure in the system - this is the main requirement.
Use a separate room
If the pumping station is mounted in a separate room, which is located on the territory of your yard, then be sure to solve the problem with the noise that occurs during the operation of the equipment.
The room must be insulated and easily accessible for repairs and maintenance. Be sure to make sure that the water supply pipes from the station to your home's plumbing system are protected from freezing.
If the water source is at a depth of 10-20 meters, it is recommended to use a two-pipe scheme. The principle of installation of pumping station equipment is as follows:
- First you assemble the ejector. To do this, you need to use a cast-iron tee, on itthere must be outlets for connections and a fitting.
- A filter for mechanical water purification must be installed on the lower pipe of the assembled ejector.
- On the top branch pipe - a socket from plastic. A 1/4 inch fitting is connected to it. The length of the fitting is selected based on the specific installation location. In order to connect this ejector pipe to the water supply, you may have to use several slings of a certain diameter.
- In order to connect the extreme spur to the pipeline, you will have to use a coupling. It is desirable that it be made of bronze.
- When installing the ejector in a well, keep in mind that the inlet pipe must be located approximately one meter from the bottom of the groundwater source. This will protect the pumping station as much as possible from getting into the insides of large fragments, such as sand or stones.
- Next, you need to calculate the length of the plastic pipe to which the ejector is connected immediately before descending into the well. To do this, you just need to subtract 1 m from the distance from the bottom of the underground reservoir to the edge of the well.
- At the upper end of the casing pipe, it is necessary to install an elbow that bends at a right angle. The connection with the casing pipe of the head is carried out using adhesive tape. Only not simple, but plumbing is used.
- The top pipe, which connects to the ejector, is installed in the socket of this head. Be sure to seal all spaces betweenwalls and pipes. For this, mounting foam is used. And now the second socket of this head with the help of corner adapters must be connected to the outer part of the water supply.
- After all the above procedures are carried out, you can connect a deep pump and a hydraulic accumulator to the resulting system. After that, the system is configured for operation with an ejector. Accordingly, the first start of the station is performed.
Typical errors when installing the system
There are a number of mistakes that inexperienced craftsmen make when installing a pumping station with their own hands. Among them you can find the following:
- During the installation of the pipeline that connects the pumping station to the house, the supply of pipes along the length is not taken into account.
- Unreliable threaded connections, as well as the poor quality of their sealing. In this case, fluid leaks from the water supply are observed.
- The hydraulic accumulator does not meet the requirements. Remember that it is necessary that it provides constant pressure in the water supply. And it should not be less than 1.5 atmospheres. If the pressure is lower, then it is increased by pumping air into the accumulator chamber. It is allowed to use both a conventional pump and a compressor.
Try to carry out all work as carefully as possible. In this case, you will get high efficiency and system reliability. And you won't have to service or repair it often.
How to connect to the water supply?
Butwhat if you need to install and install a pumping station not to an underground water source, but to a water supply? This is usually done if the pressure in the water supply system is extremely low.
In order to properly connect the station, you will need to perform a series of actions:
- In the place of the proposed installation of the station, disconnect the pipe. If it is plastic, then there will be no problems with this. And don't forget to shut off the water supply completely.
- From the central system, the pipe connects to the hydraulic tank.
- The outlet of the accumulator must be connected to the pipeline of the house.
- Connecting the power to the electric pump. As a rule, there is nothing complicated about this, just insert the plug into the socket. After that, perform a test run of the system.
- After a trial run, you need to adjust the settings.
Please note that connecting the station is only a small part of the whole thing. After all, you still need to configure it in such a way that it works stably. When installing a pumping station in a country house with your own hands, it is imperative to make all the settings so that the equipment functions in a gentle mode. But the adjustment depends on the specific model of the device and the algorithm is usually prescribed in the instruction manual.
A properly adjusted system should automatically turn on andturn off. As a rule, switching on is carried out at a pressure of 1.5-1.8 atmospheres, and switching off - at 2.5-3 atm.
Usually, installation and configuration of the entire system does not cause difficulties for people who know how to handle tools and read diagrams. The most important thing when carrying out any stage of work is to follow the algorithm. First, perform installation work, connect all pipes to an underground water source or central system. Then, when you are sure that all connections are reliable, you can start adjusting the station.
First you need to pour about 2 liters of water into the receiver. Then turn on the station. When it stops, you need to detect the pressure in the water supply. Similarly, the pressure is measured at which the equipment is turned on. If everything is working normally, then the installation of the pumping station for the house is over.
Self-adjustment on/off pressure
If switching on and off is done out of time, then it is quite simple to make adjustments - screws are provided for this. They are responsible for compressing the pressure regulator springs. If the station does not turn off when the desired water pressure is set, you need to turn the screw with the designation "DR" towards the "-" sign. To increase the pressure, you need to rotate it towards the “+” sign. There is also a screw with the designation "P". With its help, the pressure at which the station turns on is adjusted. Betweenby the way, the prices for the installation of pumping stations are acceptable - about 3,000-4,000 rubles. But you can do all the work yourself.