Fire is the most destructive element, which in a matter of minutes can destroy a building of a fairly large scale. That is why every person should always have a means of protection against it at hand. These include the OP-5 fire extinguisher, which can easily cope with a starting fire.
Powder fire extinguisher OP-5 is designed to extinguish initial fires. Its charge mass is 6 kg, and the ejection length is 3.5 m. The device itself weighs 7 kg 900 g., agricultural machinery, chemical facilities, workshops, garages, shops, offices, warehouses and even apartments. In the event of a fire in equipment, the OP-5 fire extinguisher should not be used in any case, since if the powder gets in, it can fail, without the possibility of further recovery.
How to operate a fire extinguisher?
In order for the OP-5 powder fire extinguisher to always be in working condition, careful care is required for it. To do this, it will be necessary to check the compliance of the gas pressure value and its set parameter on the manometer of the device once every 3 months. In this case, the indicator arrow should be set on a green scale, which will mean the suitability of the device for work. If the pressure gauge needle is on the red scale, then this will tell you about the required recharging of the fire extinguisher, which is carried out in a specialized office.
Advantages of powder fire extinguisher OP-5
- The characteristic of the OP-5 fire extinguisher tells the user that this device has a long service life - 10 years. But at the same time, it must be re-examined once every 5 years.
- The OP-5 fire extinguisher is equipped with a pressure indicator, which will allow the user to visually check the unit's performance.
- Due to the presence of a valve built into the head of the unit, the user can optionally release the powder substance in batches.
- The OP-5 fire extinguisher has a built-in check that protects the device from spontaneous operation.
- The performance of the device does not depend on temperature (it is used from -60 C to + 50 C).
- Quick actuation of the device (3 seconds is enough).
- Attractive price (depending on the region, the cost of the product varies from 350 to 600 rubles).
Disadvantages of powder fire extinguisher OP-5
- Low visibility when extinguishing fires, due to the high dustiness of space from the formed powder cloud.
- It is not possible to use the OP-5 fire extinguisher to protect vehicles.
- The device does not have a cooling effect. Considering this circumstance, secondary ignition of the extinguished surface is possible.
Well, it's up to you to decide whether or not to buy an OP-5 fire extinguisher. But remember, if the device will hang on the wall in the future, then do not forget to purchase an additional bracket.