At the stage of designing a dwelling, many users cannot decide on the material for cladding a house. There are many options on the market that have their pros and cons. Properly carried out finishing can not only improve the comfort of living, but also protect the building from various harmful factors, as well as enhance the sound and thermal insulation of the building.
Materials for sheathing a house outside
Various components are used in construction and decoration. Let's start the review with wood, which is relevant at all times. The popularity of the material is due to its beautiful appearance and the ability to remove excess moisture from the room, regardless of the type and configuration of the walls.
The most popular types of wood are considered to be the "block house" system and imitation of timber. The next position is a thickened lining, which does not differ from analogues for the internal arrangement of a building in other parameters, except for thickness.
Material for sheathing the house outside, photowhich is given below, is called a "block house" and imitates rounded logs with a rounded front configuration. The second popular design has the maximum similarity with a planed beam, it is also fixed on the crate, after which it is polished and coated with a special impregnation. Bas alt wool (not polystyrene or polystyrene) is used as insulation, then wooden sheathing is nailed.
Pros and cons of wood
If you are looking for a cheap material for house cladding, look for planed board, which is suitable for most regions of the country. The thickness of the product is 40 mm, the installation takes place in a similar way, characteristic of the above analogues. The bottom edge of the board should overlap the previous element by at least 10 mm. With proper processing, such a lining has good characteristics and an attractive appearance.
Among the shortcomings of this design:
- susceptibility to pest attack;
- possibility of putrefactive processes;
- darkening and loss of attractiveness externally, if proper maintenance is not observed;
- requires annual care.
Vinyl siding as house cladding material
This finish allows you to do it once and forget it.
In addition, this construction is more affordable and cheaper than wood in some regions. Since the siding is attached to the crate, the facade is of a ventilated type. Inexpensivematerial for house cladding is universal, suitable for any walls, including options from cinder block, foam concrete and wood.
Vinyl siding is made of PVC, available in strips 20.5 or 25.5 cm wide. The sheet thickness is 1.1 and 1.2 mm. A special lock is provided on the longitudinal parts, on the reverse side there are perforated niches for fasteners, which are usually used as self-tapping screws. The siding is fixed on a crate of metal elements or wooden bars, pre-impregnated with a special compound. Among the nuances of installation - leaving a small gap in the fasteners to compensate for temperature fluctuations and minimize the possibility of cracking components.
Pros of vinyl siding include:
- affordable cost;
- easy to install;
- beautiful design of buildings with a broken configuration.
Among the disadvantages are increased fragility in frosty weather, fading in the sun.
This house cladding material on the outside is thin aluminum or galvanized strips. They are covered with a special protective coating. The mounting system is identical to vinyl counterparts, the products are resistant to fading and other climatic influences. Minus - a limited choice of shades. The protective coating is made of polymers or powder coating.
Specialists in their reviews indicate that metal sidingYou can bend it, but it's almost impossible to break it. In addition, they note the ease of installation, which will require metal scissors, a screwdriver and self-tapping screws. The main advantage over the vinyl version is resistance to negative temperatures and durability. The disadvantage is the appearance, not very suitable for residential buildings, which will more resemble a production workshop or warehouse.
This type of house cladding material is a type of vinyl siding. However, the design has a completely different configuration and overall dimensions. These modifications are focused specifically on the decoration and protection of the socles of dwellings, and can also be used to finish the entire facade. The appearance resembles brick or stonework of various types and colors. Quality samples differ from the simulated shape only by touch.
The design provides locks and perforations, mounting method - on the crate. This material for house cladding differs from the siding more familiar to everyone in that it does not have a long rectangular configuration, but is made in the form of a separate wall section with curly edges designed for joining elements. In this regard, the crate must be adjusted to the size of the fragments used. First, one edge of the panel is brought into the lock of the installed part, the details are matched and then fixed. During installation, it is not recommended to tighten the screws strongly in order to guarantee the movement of the structure during thermal disturbances.
Fiber cement boards
Another popular material for house cladding appeared on the domestic market not so long ago. It includes wood fiber, cement, quartz, mica with the addition of chlorine or asbestos in the design. The mixture is formed into sheets, which are dehydrated or fired according to available technologies.
Among the protective decorative coating, the following compositions are used:
- Acrylic coating, characterized by an affordable price and resistance to fading;
- hydrophilic ceramics, not subject to scratching and fading with an average service life of at least 30 years, with a low percentage of liquid absorption, more expensive than analogues;
- photoceramic, medium price, long lasting color, easy to clean.
In addition, wall cladding of the house with the material of the specified variety can be performed in several variations and textures (glossy or matte application, imitation of natural finishing components). The structure is mounted on guide rails, fastened to the wall with the help of clamps (hidden brackets). Fiber cement siding is formed into long strips before installation (standard dimensions are 360/19/1.2 cm). The device is fixed to the crate with an overlap, cut with an electric jigsaw, nailed or screwed.
These house cladding materials (photo below) perform not only a decorative function, but also serve as a heater. A decorative coating is applied to the heat-insulating layer at factories. Outwardly, it resembles natural stone or marble, does not burn,has minimal water absorption parameters.
The specified product is made on a foam base, mineral wool or expanded polystyrene. Depending on the varieties, the method of installation also differs (landing on a special glue or a system of profiles). Joints are masked with aluminum trim or grout.
Specialists point out the following advantages of thermal panels:
- simultaneous cladding and building insulation;
- attractive appearance;
- worthy features;
- practicality and reliability.
Clinker analogues stand apart. Clinker tiles are glued to the insulation. The product has high quality characteristics and a wide variety of models, but the price "bites".
Finishing wooden buildings
The materials for sheathing wooden houses are the same components as for buildings from other structures. In any case, before finishing, the walls are cleaned and treated with special antiseptics. Modifications from logs and timber are additionally caulked around the entire perimeter with flax fiber or jute.
One of the most popular materials for cladding a wooden house outside is metal or vinyl siding. If the building belongs to the category of increased fire hazard, experts recommend using a concrete finish. The advantages of siding include the following points:
- speed of installation;
- wall protection from mechanicalimpact;
- variety of colors and textures;
- does not require special care;
- lack of putrefactive processes;
- high level of moisture protection;
Another popular option is the brick cladding of wooden buildings. It is somewhat more efficient and attractive than budget counterparts. In this case, provided:
- reinforced thermal insulation properties;
- high reliability and durability;
- long service life;
- frost resistance;
- low water absorption parameter;
The disadvantages of bricks include the complexity of building a structure, the need to strengthen the foundation, the high cost of material and work.
Also, painting is used to decorate wooden buildings. Experts consider wall protection from climatic factors, resistance to temperature extremes, and protection from fading to the advantages of such a facade finish. In order for the coating to be effective, it is necessary to choose the right composition. On the market are:
- polyvinyl acetate blends diluted with water;
- acrylic-filled emulsions;
- oily alkyd or acrylate solutions;
- various varnishes and azures.
Each of these compositions has its own characteristics that must be considered when choosing.
Most popular home cladding materials inside:
- Rack options. Hereinclude lining, edged board, panel modifications made of PVC and MDF. This cladding allows you to inexpensively and quickly process a large area. The advantages include ease of cleaning, installation and repair. Among the minuses is the susceptibility of wooden panels to moisture and temperature fluctuations, and polymer analogues do not have high environmental cleanliness.
- Covering versions in linoleum, textile or vinyl. They are durable, practical, easy to clean, cheaper than panel and panel counterparts. The options are not very suitable for finishing the bathroom or kitchen, vinyl and linoleum do not allow floors to "breathe", and textiles collect dust and moisture well.
- Roll wallpaper. They are produced from various materials, allow you to create an imitation of almost any surface. These finishing materials for wall cladding inside the house have taken a strong position in the respective market. Experts recommend choosing cork or bamboo options. At the same time, they will be significantly more expensive than paper counterparts. The latter option is also convenient in that it does not interfere with air exchange for the walls, which is most comfortable when arranging rooms with a low level of humidity or poor natural light. Other varieties include textile, silk and photographic wallpapers. The disadvantage is that if the material is not used for painting, the repair of local areas is very difficult.
- Paints. The mass of the advantages of silicate, acrylic or silicone compounds is ease of maintenance, low dust content, long service life, the possibility of using on any typegrounds. It is worth noting that the surface to be painted requires perfect alignment, otherwise the slightest roughness will be visible.
- Plastering. There are several types of plaster (decorative, embossed, structural, smooth options). With the help of such a composition, you can create any effect of a wall covering, even on a not very flat surface. In this case, the solution requires skillful handling. Among other advantages is the increase in sound and thermal insulation of the room. Disadvantages - the high cost of application, especially if there is a need to resort to the services of a professional worker.
- Slabs. This includes artificial and natural stone, ceramic tiles and decorative bricks. To lay this material, you will need to involve specialists and pre-layout the elements according to a pattern or pattern. Experts do not advise completely finishing the walls with stone, preferring the sheathing of individual sections.
- Sheet models. Among them are facing panels made of plastic or wood. The advantages include reliability, ease of operation, the possibility of internal wiring, installation in a minimum period of time. Disadvantages - the high price of wooden panels, the low level of environmental friendliness of plastic.
Despite the fact that the finishing work begins at the end of the construction, it is necessary to choose and plan materials for house cladding at the very beginning. You also need to consider that the finish is divided into two categories: starting and finishing.This means that you will need to equip walls for painting, wallpaper or other components with drywall sheets or use putty. The first option is called "dry", the second - "wet". In any case, preliminary work is indispensable.
Overlappings must be cleaned of unnecessary guide elements, rust, protruding nails or self-tapping screws, and other foreign inclusions. The walls are degreased and treated, if necessary, with a special fire-resistant or anti-fungal compound. Experts recommend between these methods to choose the option that suits the user, taking into account his wishes, financial capabilities and the availability of free time. The "dry" version will also require a thin layer of plaster over the drywall sheets.
It is worth noting that it is not necessary to use sheets of the specified material. MDF or other similar panels can act as their replacement. In some cases, the "wet" method is not suitable. For example, if the building was built from foam blocks. The material that is optimally selected for combination with the overall design of the room looks beautiful and original when finishing the internal surfaces. For example, wood paneling is not very appropriate for an urban interior, and embossed plaster is not designed for lining rooms for small children.