To change the look of any product beyond recognition today is quite simple. After all, now hydroprinting has become available to us - the technology of applying a decorative coating to objects of various shapes. It has many names - immersion printing, aquaprinting, 3d decoration.
A bit of history
This technology began to be used in the 80s of the last century, but to this day has not lost its relevance. Moreover, now it has become publicly available. Do-it-yourself hydrographic printing is not difficult. To do this, you just need to have a set of necessary devices.
Immersion printing is quite easy to use. Special films, which can be bought at almost any speci alty store today, are placed in a solution and applied to the part. The pattern remains due to the fact that the film envelops the product. The coating is applied under the influence of strong chemicals of a certain temperature and density of water.
Steps of applying hydrographics
Which of us does not want to update the appearance of our own car or furniture, gracefully decorate windows or varioussouvenirs?! Hydroprinting at home makes our wishes come true.
The process itself consists of several stages.
- First you need to decide on the design of the film, choose the color and protective varnish.
- Then you have to work on the surface you want to hydro print. It must be cleaned, degreased, sanded and painted in the base color you chose at the very beginning.
- Now you can proceed to the hydrographic itself.
- In conclusion, several layers of varnish are applied to the dried product, which gives the finished item a finished look.
Of all the above stages, the most difficult is the application of the print. Although you shouldn't worry about it. It is safe to say that each of us can apply hydrographics with our own hands, for this we do not need to have special skills.
You need to take any container that is suitable in volume and fill it with water of a certain temperature. The film for aquaprints has a water-soluble base, so it is laid out in water. It gradually becomes soft and spreads evenly on the surface. Next, an activator is applied that turns the film into a liquid. Immediately after that, the product prepared by you for processing is immersed in the container. Thanks to water, the decorative coating is evenly applied to the surface of the object.
As you can see, hydrographics, made according to the instructions, are available to almost everyone. But any product acquiresformer attractiveness and presentable appearance.
Advantages of water printing
This technology has many advantages that have long been recognized by those who have encountered it at least once.
- Synthetic films for aquaprint can be applied to any surface: metal, plastic, ceramics, wood, glass, plywood. Therefore, they can be considered universal.
With the help of hydroprinting, you can give the surface any pattern you like: imitation of wood or animal skins, granite or marble, flowers or abstract patterns.
- It's very easy to make your own hydrographics. Even if you decide to apply an image to a curved, faceted, puffy surface, there will be no difficulties with this. Under the pressure of water, the pattern will lie flat.
- Films for immersion printing have not only a decorative effect. They also protect products from dust, minor scratches, ultraviolet radiation.
- This print is durable and resistant to adverse environmental influences.
See how many pluses hydro printing has! With your own hands, you can work wonders by repainting products, making them prettier and more attractive.